Intro

fashionkitten13
fashionkitten13 Posts: 36
edited September 18 in Introduce Yourself
Hi all! I'm a newb to the forums, but have been LOVING the cal counter for a short while here. It's really been helping keep me on track. Figure it's time to stop lurking and jump in here too.

I love cooking and have been trying to find new ingredients to use so I can cut the calories without sacrificing the flavors. Quite a challenge somedays... why does everything taste better with a little butter and cream? :tongue: Would be great to hear what others are doing in the kitchen as well.

~Mel

Replies

• Hi all! I'm a newb to the forums, but have been LOVING the cal counter for a short while here. It's really been helping keep me on track. Figure it's time to stop lurking and jump in here too.

I love cooking and have been trying to find new ingredients to use so I can cut the calories without sacrificing the flavors. Quite a challenge somedays... why does everything taste better with a little butter and cream? :tongue: Would be great to hear what others are doing in the kitchen as well.

~Mel
  • Helawat
    Helawat Posts: 605 Member
    Welcome! This is what I do in the kitchen:

If I can't microwave or make a sandwich out of it, I want no part of it. This means I eat a lot of yogurt, fruit, veggies, and sandwiches.

I find this good because I don't eat the fattening things that are included in cooking.
  • pauladavies86
    pauladavies86 Posts: 83 Member
    It's hard not to stick some butter in things but I found a non-fat I can't believe it's not butter tub. only 5 calories per tbsp! I just substitute it for butter in recipes and it cuts down a lot of fat and calories! :o) Happy cooking!
  • Helawat- my mom is HUGE on this too. She's able to make a lot of full meals using the microwave for cooking.

Thanks for the ideas :flowerforyou:
This discussion has been closed.