Isagenix 30 day cleanse advise

Options
kori0424
kori0424 Posts: 25 Member
So there was a good deal on this package and I'm giving it a try. I've never used these products but have multiple friends using it and losing weight. I've tried visalus but never saw any big changes on it and I'm hopeful with isagenix. Does anyone use this and have any advise?

Replies

• chrissy1755
    Options
    I have family members who swear by this....I like it also...good luck
  • jlahorn
    jlahorn Posts: 377 Member
    Options
  • SpencersHeart
    SpencersHeart Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    interested in reading later...
  • spikesmom
    spikesmom Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Buyer beware!! My daughter purchased this although she never really did the program(what a surprise/waste of money!!). However, they continued charging her $, and she disputed it. Then they started charging her $1 for some charity, but continued doing so for a year, when she was under the understanding that it was a one time donation. At the one year anniversary of her original purchase, they rebilled her again for the cleanse! Apparently, the contract self renews!! I would stay clear of a company that shady.
  • donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    no.
  • theashtrees
    theashtrees Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Don't do it.

Learn to change your lifestyle. Prepare better meals, get outside, drink water.
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    My advice?

Don't do it. You're wasting time and money when you could be losing weight by eating at a calorie deficit for free.
  • a_stronger_me13
    a_stronger_me13 Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Calorie deficit is free. Well, actually, since you'll be saving money on food because you're eating a little less, it's kind of like you're getting paid to lose weight. Pretty cool.
  • electlady40
    electlady40 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Great Day!

I have actually done Isagenix and it's a great product. Do your research thou? Isagenix is not just for weight loss: however, you cant help but lose. It can be costly, thats why i stop but will begin next week. My mom and father actually invest in this company and are executive salespeople. Overall this product is excellent for your health, its a cellular cleanse. I know people who no longer have to take medication because of them being on this product:-) that's a bonus.
  • 1princesswarrior
    1princesswarrior Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    MLM with no scientific evidence that it works. See the following for the one study they had to pay to get published to a free online journal: http://www.sciencebasedmedicine.org/isagenix-study-is-not-convincing/

I haven't read the actual study yet, I just let my kidneys and liver cleanse my body.
  • kori0424
    kori0424 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    What's a calorie deficit? I already am eating 1200 calories a day, don't drink anything but water eat salads and fruit with little meats or dairy and still have not lost a pound. I cook for a living and am moving constantly especially with a 3 year old. I know I need to get into running again, but I honestly don't have the energy. I'm not using the program for just weight loss, I need energy. I have been researching hours into it before I bought it and it's not just for weight loss. I wish the best for you electlady40!!
  • jessicahill530
    jessicahill530 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    My advice? Don't do it. Exercise more, eat MORE. 1200 calories is not enough for most people...it seems counterintuitive but sometimes you need to eat more to weigh less. Calculate your TDEE and use that formula and eat as much as it says to. If you really want to drink the koolaid as they say and try this "cleanse" then go for it, but there are better, cheaper, healthier ways to lose weight. Good luck.
  • kikicooks
    kikicooks Posts: 1,079 Member
    Options
    What's a calorie deficit? I already am eating 1200 calories a day, don't drink anything but water eat salads and fruit with little meats or dairy and still have not lost a pound. I cook for a living and am moving constantly especially with a 3 year old. I know I need to get into running again, but I honestly don't have the energy. I'm not using the program for just weight loss, I need energy. I have been researching hours into it before I bought it and it's not just for weight loss. I wish the best for you electlady40!!

If you are constantly moving then 1200 is way too low for you, eat more.
  • a_stronger_me13
    a_stronger_me13 Posts: 812 Member
    Options

Energy is calorie based, not some random shake.

Check this link out and follow what it says: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    advice?

IXUO5zJ.gif
    don't.
  • kjo9692
    kjo9692 Posts: 430 Member
    Options

Eating at a deficit means that you are eating less than the amount of calories you would need to maintain your weight.

If you are not losing it's most likely because you are not eating at a deficit. Try measuring your foods by using a food scale so you can know what you are actually eating. Also, try eating more than 1200 that sounds really low. Push yourself for a week to get up 30 minutes earlier and go running, have everything you need ready from the previous evening: the clothes you are going to wear, shoes, etc. Exercise will give you energy, and if you used to run then you must know this is true. The first weeks will be difficult but afterwards it will be easy to get up earlier because you will have the energy. Working out like this is FREE and will give you a lot of energy, while this product most likely doesn't work like you would want it too and it's expensive.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    the friends of yours who take said magical cleanse serum...

do they also participate in any sort of exercise regimen?
    do they also eat at a deficit? (less calories in than out)
  • da_bears10089
    da_bears10089 Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    look on the package... does it say "in conjunction with diet and exercise" anywhere on it? Or "results not typical" anywhere. ABORT
  • Escloflowne
    Escloflowne Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    Cleanses don't do anything, you're literally wasting your time

I.C.E. Cream Official Tester
    IKEA Professional Put Together-er
    Kickboxing Class Attender
    Been in fitness for about 2 years and have studied kinesiology, nutrition and Dinosaurs
  • Briargrey
    Briargrey Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    advice?

IXUO5zJ.gif
    don't.

This.

And it always makes me happy when the no-beard makes an appearance ;)