Never been "average" weight

Options
Hello all, I have been on this site for about a month and I was just thinking I cannot remember a time when I was an average size, therefore I do not know what I a missing out on so I find myself losing site of my goal. I need to let go of the "thinking fat" syndrome and get healthy AND smaller. I've NEVER shopped at the mall stores specidfically for women (I wont name them here) so I dont know what I'm missing.

Well, this time I will stay positive and try to start "thinking thin." And look forward to shopping at the mall. :-)

Replies

• Amarillo_NDN
    Amarillo_NDN Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    join the club cupcake....

I was born 12 lbs, 10 oz (bones covered with skin) and been fighting my weight all my life. It took me 60 years, but finally learning an easier way to handle it,

One was the VA Move program, but thanks to MFP, and the ability to track and record everything, it a great motivator.

Not matter which experts you talk with, the #1 main thing almost all will tell you is, track what you eat. It is harder than most think but is such a great tool and motivator.

Good luck and welcome to MFP
  • ChubbieTubbie
    ChubbieTubbie Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    When I was 9 months old, my pediatrician told my mom to switch me from formula to skim milk. :noway:

I feel you! I was always a bit chubby as a child...not really fat, persay, but not skinny. When I was 9, I asked my mom if she thought I was fat and she said yes...I really 'felt' fat after that. Looking back at pictures, I was nowhere near fat!! I did a lot of yo-yoing after that throughout adolescence and now adulthood.

There are a lot of people here who can understand where you're coming from, you'll be shopping at the mall in no time!
  • DonnaMaas
    Options
    Oh, yes some of us can absolutely relate. I was born 7 lbs. and thats the smallest I have ever been. Since I have never been a size below a 14 I don't know what its like but I plan to know and can't wait to get there.
  • sommer454
    sommer454 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much!!