Here I go.... again!

Options
Oh MFP here we go again but this time it's for real, this time it's for me!!

I need to do this! I need to get healthy. I need to find the old me.... I know I'm here somewhere under all this fat.
It’s like I woke up one morning and it hit me, I am seriously overweight! Little by little I saw the numbers on the scale go up but when your underwear no longer fit you know you have to do something!

I would love motivation along the way!

Sarah
Height: 5 ft
CW: 188 lbs

Replies

• justcarinaz
    Options
    I'm with you. I keep getting a little heavier and keep telling myself no more, yet can't seem to keep it going. I am hoping that I can find motivation and support on here. At least keep me on track.
  • fitastik14
    Options
    Hey girl! I'm similar to you...sending a request. :)
    Anyone can add.
  • charkendrick
    charkendrick Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    That underwear thing got me too! I kept thinking the dryer was shrinking them; no, I was just growing ;)
  • LadyWeaselofVT
    LadyWeaselofVT Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I hear you. I've been feeling very burnt out at work and snacking to get a momentary boost of energy but it's taken its toll on my weight. Time to get on track and find energy in healthier ways. I'm looking for more friends, if anyone wants to add me.
  • Stonekerry
    Stonekerry Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Just sent you a friend request! Can't believe that I have let myself get to this weight - why oh why?
    Determined this time to do it - and do it healthily and slowly
  • charmane23
    Options
    The underwear not fitting was my wake up call too. Well, that and I swear I can "feel" how unhealthy I've gotten. It's time for a change.
  • mschicagocubs
    mschicagocubs Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    It starts with one thing .... start logging!

Make fitness and eating goals...make them realistic so you don't fail.

Eventually you will be loving everything about the new you!
  • missylectro
    missylectro Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Learn to love eating salads... Omg some of them are so delicious...
  • LauraMRiley
    LauraMRiley Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    My day of reckoning was when my pajama pants were almost too tight..when a few years ago they hung off me. I seem to come back and forth to MFP. I need to be consistent, that's the key. Looking for help in staying motviated this time around!
  • ilene64
    ilene64 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I totally understand. Right around New Year's I hit my high of 177, and while I knew I didn't have the best habits, I was still amazing how easy it is for the number to just keep creeping up.