New to MFP needing suggestions!

Options
Hello to all! This is my first week being a member to MFP , im not too sure how Im going to keep up with it, however I hope that it brings me insperation and motivation! Im getting married in a little over 3 months and I need motivation, food tips, and suggestions on what works for people in the gym! I am looking for general tone and a little bit of weight loss, prob in the range of 20lbs! Suggestions anyone?

Replies

• JMun
    JMun Posts: 409
    Options
    I'm no expert but for me, strength training followed by some hard cardio with a good heart rate monitor to keep me motivated... totally just hitting my stride.
  • Katiekat1182
    Katiekat1182 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!! So far this site has really been motivational!! I suggest making friends because we are all here for each other.
  • Maitlyn
    Options
    This site does provide great modivation and your MFP friends provide a lot of support. I do not go to a gym any more. I enjoy running/walking on my treadmill at home - so I can't help much with that...sorry, but what I really enjoy about MFP is the ability to log in everyting I eat. It really puts into perspective what you are eating each day. That helps me out a lot. The support here is great.

Ooohhh...and CONGRATS on the upcoming marriage. ☺
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,427 Member
    Options
    Check out if your gym offers fitness classes. Some really good classes are Body Pump (it's a combo cardio and sculpt class so you get both in a shorter amount of time), cardio sculpt classes (same concept as Body Pump), spinning (kick your butt cycling classes-I'm totally addicted). I find classes motivate me much more than working out on my own. Also, our gym (YMCA) offers group personal training so you work out with 3 or 4 other folks at the same time and get the benefit of a trainer designing your workout and correcting your form but you pay MUCH less than individual training sessions. Good luck and congrats on your marriage!