HELP me with this!

Options
Lisa1971
Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
Ok, so my goal is to lose fat and build muscle. I am told that I cannot lose fat on a calorie surplus and I can't build muscle on a deficit. So what do I do????? Right now I'm doing P90x3 but next week I will add a lifting program to that workout once my son goes back to preschool.

So, what should I do? Add calories or stay where I am which is in a deficit?:huh:

Thanks so much!

Replies

• karmasays
    karmasays Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Eat at a deficit to lose fat but keep up with the strength routine to maintain muscle mass.

Once you've lost the weight you wanted…adjust your goals to gain muscle.
  • cpusmc
    cpusmc Posts: 122
    Options
    If your ticker is correct and you have 58lbs to go, I would eat at a deficit and take the weight off first. Keep your protein high during the deficit period to keep as much muscle mass as possible while losing the fat. Once you hit the loss goal, re-evaluate and decide where you want to go next... Toned muscles wont be seen with excess bodyfat covering them so best to slay 1 thing at a time, IMO....
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Lose fat while maintaining muscle and building strength (eat at deficit, strength train, get adequate protein). Worry about gaining muscle later.