Breakfast Help!

richellechouinard
richellechouinard Posts: 26 Member
I am a big eater, and would like to have a filling, low calorie breakfast. I have some restrictions though: no dairy, and no legumes. I'm also on a pretty low budget. Any tips, suggestions or recipes for me? Thank you!

Replies

• seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,740 Member
    Are eggs okay? I love eggs, they have lots of protein and you can do so much with them. Egg tacos, veggie omelet, egg & toast, hard-boiled egg, etc.

Or how about French toast -- you don't absolutely have to add milk to make it. Just mix up an egg and some cinnamon, vanilla extract and/or nutmeg in a shallow dish. Soak 1-2 pieces of toast in the egg mixture and transfer to a pan with a little spray of whatever you like (I use canola spray), cook 'til golden brown and yummy. Filling & pretty low calorie. Cary's sugar free syrup is low calorie and tasty (it is so much better than other SF versions I've tried, trust me). Or you can always top it with something else - fruit, or nut butter (which I guess is out, though? sorry!)

Also, have you checked into non-dairy and alternative milks (coconut, almond, soy, etc)?

If you're willing to branch out from standard breakfast fare there's no real reason you couldn't eat lunch/dinner type food at breakfast, either :-)

Good luck!
  • sargessexyone
    sargessexyone Posts: 494 Member
    Jimmy dean turkey sausage crumbles

The egg white substitute stuff, I think it's called egg beaters

Yellow, red and orange bell peppers, diced

Spinach, I buy frozen and just toss in a handful

And/or whatever veggies you like

Scramble all together

It's low calorie, very filling and you get enough to make breakfast for about a week.
  • mondriantree
    mondriantree Posts: 37 Member
    I made a breakfast pizza using low-fat dough, turkey sausage crumbles, egg beaters, and reduced fat cheddar cheese. It's super filling and it's lasted me all week!
  • This morning I had a marinated baked chicken breast that I cooked last night. I ate it cold and I have a roma tomato and half a cucumber with it. Other days I have two eggs with two turkey sausage link and just scramble it all together.