First goal reached!

JuliaKia
JuliaKia Posts: 11
edited September 18 in Motivation and Support
Coming in to this, I set myself a series of mini-goals...

Last night I went to the gym, having already eaten all my calories for the day, and did an hour-long high-impact aerobics class. By the end, I wanted to hit the instructor with one of the dumbbells he made us use. I was SO tired and grouchy. But yesterday was one of my weight-training days, so I headed over to the leg press machine. I got halfway through one set and just burned out. Aaargh! One of the trainers saw me, and came over to chat. I told him I was tired and in a pissy mood and really wanted to go home, but also was mad at myself for wanting to go home without finishing. He told me that after all the aerobics, my blood sugar was probably very low, which was affecting my energy and my mood. He suggested I go get a sports drink to sip on. I was concerned about the extra calories, but went for it. It was amazing! I perked up again enough to get through my weight training and stretching after, aaaaand (drum roll please) this morning, after a week-long plateau, my scale finally moved down again and I've reached my first goal weight!

YIPPPPEEEEEE!!!
:happy: :bigsmile: :happy: :bigsmile: :happy: :bigsmile: :happy:

Replies

• JuliaKia
    JuliaKia Posts: 11
    Coming in to this, I set myself a series of mini-goals...

Last night I went to the gym, having already eaten all my calories for the day, and did an hour-long high-impact aerobics class. By the end, I wanted to hit the instructor with one of the dumbbells he made us use. I was SO tired and grouchy. But yesterday was one of my weight-training days, so I headed over to the leg press machine. I got halfway through one set and just burned out. Aaargh! One of the trainers saw me, and came over to chat. I told him I was tired and in a pissy mood and really wanted to go home, but also was mad at myself for wanting to go home without finishing. He told me that after all the aerobics, my blood sugar was probably very low, which was affecting my energy and my mood. He suggested I go get a sports drink to sip on. I was concerned about the extra calories, but went for it. It was amazing! I perked up again enough to get through my weight training and stretching after, aaaaand (drum roll please) this morning, after a week-long plateau, my scale finally moved down again and I've reached my first goal weight!

YIPPPPEEEEEE!!!
    :happy: :bigsmile: :happy: :bigsmile: :happy: :bigsmile: :happy:
This discussion has been closed.