WHAT THE!!!

Options
Ok, just a bit confused.
Don't kick me for weighing myself 2 days in a row, but I did...and its a good thing I did.
Yesterday morning, I weighed myself and weighed 4 POUNDS MORE than I do today.
I weighed myself at the same time, I'm wearing the same type of clothing (Tshirt and Jeans).
Whats going on? I can understand maybe one or TWO pounds...but FOUR????

Replies

• gambitsgurl
    gambitsgurl Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Ok, just a bit confused.
    Don't kick me for weighing myself 2 days in a row, but I did...and its a good thing I did.
    Yesterday morning, I weighed myself and weighed 4 POUNDS MORE than I do today.
    I weighed myself at the same time, I'm wearing the same type of clothing (Tshirt and Jeans).
    Whats going on? I can understand maybe one or TWO pounds...but FOUR????

water weight is a tricky beast

/quit weighing yourself two days in a row

:P
  • ChubbieTubbie
    ChubbieTubbie Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    It could be water weight. Did you exercise yesterday? On days after I exercise, I usually weigh a pound or two more from water retention.

You'd have to eat 14000 calories over your limits to gain 4 pounds in one day, I totally wouldn't stress over it!
  • Ahzuri
    Ahzuri Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every day, your weight will fluctuate from day to day and even hour to hour by 1-4lbs so I wouldn't worry about it. I have Fridays as my official weigh in day so I only record that weight and its usually down or the same as last week. I have seen my weight go up 4lbs before and then been under on my weigh in day so if you are doing everything right I wouldn't worry about it :)
  • Amarillo_NDN
    Amarillo_NDN Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    My weight goes up and down every day, but it not the daily weight you should be worried about, it the weight over time. as long as you are going down weekly or even monthly that the main thing.

Just remember, we didn't but the weight on over night, so we sure are not going to lose it over night.
  • je123
    je123 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    That's just what I said on Monday morning when I put 3.5 pounds on in one day - all because I had some garlic bread and a piece of chocolate cake over my usual 1200 calories because we had visitors for tea.

It has taken me four days to lose it but I'm back on track now - I don't normally lose 3.5 pounds in four days though - in fact I'm lucky to lose 1/2 pound in that time - so it must be the weight of the food in my stomach and not fat. Or it could be water retension - who knows? All I know is that it is very soul distroying when you are trying really hard to lose weight.

So the moral of the story is don't give up, just get back on track.
  • gambitsgurl
    gambitsgurl Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    That's just what I said on Monday morning when I put 3.5 pounds on in one day - all because I had some garlic bread and a piece of chocolate cake over my usual 1200 calories because we had visitors for tea.

It has taken me four days to lose it but I'm back on track now - I don't normally lose 3.5 pounds in four days though - in fact I'm lucky to lose 1/2 pound in that time - so it must be the weight of the food in my stomach and not fat. Or it could be water retension - who knows? All I know is that it is very soul distroying when you are trying really hard to lose weight.

So the moral of the story is don't give up, just get back on track.

3500 calories eaten and not burned is a pound so that cake and bread would have to total 12,250 calories for that NOT to be water weight ;-) and if there is cake good enough to have 12,250 calories in a piece I would have to try a bite :D
  • je123
    je123 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I never thought of that, you're right, it only came to about 500 cals - so how could I put 3.5 pounds on - it must be water. Thanks for that.