FROM HALF MARATHON TO FULL RUNNING MACHINE (lots of pics)

Options
2»

Replies

• Happymom83
    Happymom83 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! :)
  • BrendaS03
    BrendaS03 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    What an awesome story! I recently signed up for my very first half marathon on June 1st. Your story has made me excited about crossing the finish line just when I was doubting if I was up for the challenge. You are an inspiration! :smile:
  • Smeltzer2
    Smeltzer2 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Amazing. I wish my son would do this. He has so many health problems. He will be 46 in Apr. I have kept 80 lbs off for 11 years. I am 71 and don't run but run, jog, dance on an indoor rebounder. I just gave up all desserts including ice crean, cakes, pies, cookies, anything sweet. You have done a remarkable job. Keep on running. I am cheering you on. Harriet
  • RyanDryFly
    RyanDryFly Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Congrats on running your fist half. The 2014 Cowtown was my first half marathon also, and now I'm hooked. Happy Running.

Congrats on completing your first half!!! There is no better feeling than crossing the finish line. I'd give you a hug if I could. :)
  • TriShamelessly
    TriShamelessly Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    Awesome. I hope to join you in the sub 1:45 crowd this year! Keep on truckin' and best wishes for continued success.
  • amysgottadothisthang
    amysgottadothisthang Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Amazing! Congrats my friend!
  • lindseyas1
    lindseyas1 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Cngratulations! Running was what kept me going when I first lost 50 pounds and what has remotivated me to get to my final goal. It's amazing! My current goal is to run my first marathon before I'm 30-just over 13 months away. I can't wait!
  • smithed812
    smithed812 Posts: 289
    Options
    Congrats on crushing your running goals! I'm interested in running a half sometime this year, and you've inspired me to kick it up a notch! Happy running :)
  • RyanDryFly
    Options
    Awww that made me cry Ryan, happy tears of course. You are a true inspiration and I am glad to call you my MFP Friend! You are going to kill this run this weekend!!

Thanks Abby!!! You've been an amazing friend from the very beginning. I'm so exited to be a part of your running journey as well! :flowerforyou:
  • Marlene1667
    Marlene1667 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Great story! Thanks for sharing. I love the part about you running your first mile :laugh: Congratulations!
  • cloverfield4
    cloverfield4 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Such an inspiration! Your photos paint a great picture of the journey. I hope you get healed up fast, and wow for finishing with an injury! Thanks for giving this beginning runner a boost! :happy:
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    This is awesome! I have a few of my friends who were at that one too.
  • GummyHuman
    GummyHuman Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I was feeling it as I read your story and looked at your face. Amazing amazing job! :drinker:
  • RyanDryFly
    Options
    Fricking Ryan, got me all teary eyed! lol I'm beyond proud of you! I'm so happy I'm here with you on your journey and you were one of the people (also abby and mel lol) who got me thinking about running! I want you to know that! Your such an inspiration and your dedication and transformation has been AMAZING!! You push yourself more every day and your such an amazing person! I feel like I'M lucky to have a funny, dedicated and supportive friend on here like you!

YOU ROCK RUNNING RYAN!!!!!!!!! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

Thanks Christina!!! I know you are going to do great with your running. :)
  • RyanDryFly
    Options
    I just completed the Sarasota Half and hit my goal of breaking 1:45 with a chip time of 1:44:44!!!! I'll try to get some pictures up in the next few days.
  • RyanDryFly
    Options
    Here are some pictures from before and after my race in Sarasota, Florida. I had promised my sisters if they trained for a race I would come run it with them. They did the work so I flew down to Florida and ran with them. It was such an amazing trip.
    Just before getting into the race corral:
    IMG_0856_zps8b11e474.jpg
    After the race with my sisters:
    IMG_0872_zps0ecce819.jpg
    IMG_0868_zps974b4da1.jpg
    Finish Time:
    IMG_0861_zps53b2654d.jpg

I plan on running another half in August (Dallas Hottest Half). My new goal time is 1:33. After that I want to run a full Marathon. I’ve started a new training program (Hanson’s Marathon Method) where I’ll be running between 50 to 60 miles a week. I’ve finished the first two weeks and absolutely love the program.

Best of luck to all the new runners out there! Running is a sport that gives back so much and really can be life changing.

Ryan
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!