Sudden Appetite Spike?

Options
I have been losing weight steadily for about 2.5mo (averaging 2lb/wk). I am also BFing my older baby / toddler, but I log that daily as a negative calorie food so it doesn't impact the numbers below:

Height: 5'3"
SW: 198lbs
CW: 171lbs
GW: 140lbs
Activity Level: Light
BMR: 1515
TDEE: 2022
TDEE -20%: 1617

Lately my daily caloric limit, which has previously been more than enough, has left me FAMISHED! I have not increased my activity level, & my macros are staying pretty steady. I have a LBM of 107lbs & on average get 90-100g protein. I measure liquids & weigh solids whenever possible. I assume it isn't that TOM... I haven't had a cycle yet post-partum. My son does appear to have grown a bit, so there could be increased demand in that way. All I know is before I was fine & now I am extremely hungry (even shaky) all day, eating the same amount. Any guesses as to why?

Replies

• healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    It may be time to change your weightloss goal from 2 pounds to 1 pound per week and this way you'll get more calories to eat which you apparently need!
    Also drink more water!
    Eat foods rich in fiber to fill you up more.
    Make sure you're getting enough protein and healthy fats like nuts, avocado and olive oil on your veggies.
    ETA-only you would know why. Baby's growth spurt? More active? If baby is nursing less and eating more food, your period may be returning, so hormonal issues?
    It doesn't matter, if you are hungrier, increase your caloric intake!
  • ChrysalisCove
    ChrysalisCove Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    My deficit is currently only 400cal, so 0.8lbs/wk - it hasn't been raised long, which is probably why I am still dropping faster. I easily exceed 64oz/day of water. I eat nuts daily (KIND bar, trail mix or cashews) for good, healthy fats. I'll check my fiber...

Fiber tends to be a bit low. Nothing major, but I'll try upping it a bit more.
  • melissamarah
    melissamarah Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Have you been getting enough sleep? I know that's kind of a ridiculous question. Children are fabulous, but they kind of take away all of your rest and sleep time. I've noticed when I'm not sleeping well, or stressed out more than usual, I need more food to keep my body going.
  • ChrysalisCove
    ChrysalisCove Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    My son woke up at 4:30a this morning, so.... not so much. Lol! I have been having a hard time getting to sleep as early since the time change... maybe that's all it is?