Looking for those who want to lose ~10lbs

Options
Hi! I decided to do a little research. I'd like to loose about 10lbs but it seems almost impossible. I'd like to know how are others doing if their goal is similar.

I'm 24 (almost 25) y.o., 5'5' tall and 139lbs at the moment with a medium/large frame.
I've been 144lbs when I started MFP in late February and I think it was the heaviest I've ever been. Two years ago I was ~135lbs which was quite ok for me but I felt I could(would love to?) go lower.

I've tried 1200 cals net, lost about 2lbs and stopped.
Then I switched to 1380cals and lost another pound.
After switching to 1450cals I lost another pound.
Now I'm at 1550 since few days and there was no change...
If I have a cheat day I don't go over 2200-2500cal which I think is acceptable for a healthy woman from time to time.

I exercise regularly - 3-4x cardio for 40-50 mins (bike, elliptical, treadmill), 2-3 weight training (one is usually circuit) for 40-60mins, yoga sometimes. I feel fit, have much energy but can't drop my pants size to the size from 2 y. ago :grumble:
I didn't have my body fat measured but according to some calculators in the web it is not more than 22-24%.

If you have similar problem - tell us you story :flowerforyou:
I'd love to hear how others deal with those last few pounds.
Or maybe I should just give up and buy myself new clothes instead of trying to come back to 2 y. ago :ohwell:

Sorry for the long post. Have a nice day :flowerforyou:

Replies

• edyta
    edyta Posts: 258
    Options
    Hi! I decided to do a little research. I'd like to loose about 10lbs but it seems almost impossible. I'd like to know how are others doing if their goal is similar.

I'm 24 (almost 25) y.o., 5'5' tall and 139lbs at the moment with a medium/large frame.
    I've been 144lbs when I started MFP in late February and I think it was the heaviest I've ever been. Two years ago I was ~135lbs which was quite ok for me but I felt I could(would love to?) go lower.

I've tried 1200 cals net, lost about 2lbs and stopped.
    Then I switched to 1380cals and lost another pound.
    After switching to 1450cals I lost another pound.
    Now I'm at 1550 since few days and there was no change...
    If I have a cheat day I don't go over 2200-2500cal which I think is acceptable for a healthy woman from time to time.

I exercise regularly - 3-4x cardio for 40-50 mins (bike, elliptical, treadmill), 2-3 weight training (one is usually circuit) for 40-60mins, yoga sometimes. I feel fit, have much energy but can't drop my pants size to the size from 2 y. ago :grumble:
    I didn't have my body fat measured but according to some calculators in the web it is not more than 22-24%.

If you have similar problem - tell us you story :flowerforyou:
    I'd love to hear how others deal with those last few pounds.
    Or maybe I should just give up and buy myself new clothes instead of trying to come back to 2 y. ago :ohwell:

Sorry for the long post. Have a nice day :flowerforyou:
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Hi Edyta,

I have 5 I want to lose, but apparently that fat had a secret ceremony with my butt and the two will never part. :angry:

Good luck, those last few pounds are KILLER!!

(Aren't I just little Miss Positive) :ohwell:

:flowerforyou:
  • doglvr_75
    doglvr_75 Posts: 144
    Options
    Hi Edyta,

I have 5 I want to lose, but apparently that fat had a secret ceremony with my butt and the two will never part. :angry:

Good luck, those last few pounds are KILLER!!

(Aren't I just little Miss Positive) :ohwell:

:flowerforyou:

:laugh: I am in the same boat...I wish I could get to 10 pounds lost, but I am not giving up...last week I started eating ALL my exercise calories and mixing up my workouts in hopes of seeing the scale move...I also joined the (lack of ) scale group and REFUSE to weigh or measure myself for 2 weeks...Good luck to us all!!!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • SherryRH
    SherryRH Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Maybe kicking up your cardio a little more would help. Also, change up your diet. Go for 1200 one day, then up to the 1500. Also, don't eat carbs later than 6:00 pm. This gives your body a chance to work off some of those calories before you go to bed. Sometimes when you confuse your body it has a hard time trying to figure out what you are doing.

I am also in the same boat where I just want to lose 15 lbs but no matter what I do I am only losing a lb per week.

Good luck.