October Challenges anyone?

Options
I was thinking about starting some challenges for the month of October if anyone would be interested in joining me. Below are some ideas I had but I'm open to ideas from others. Trying to keep the challenges focused on things that might motivate us to do more or focus on the entire process more and not just weight loss goals. No matter how hard we try we sometimes have no control over how our bodies react to the things we are doing to make them better. So I wanted challenges that we can control and be proud of rather than a weight goal that we may work hard to try and reach but for whatever reason we don't and then get discouraged. Hope others will join me and/or throw out some other challenge ideas.

Some challenge ideas I had:

Mental/Emotional:
• post 5 things you love about yourself or your life

Physical:
• Exercise 500 minutes (keep track of your minutes and post activities and times as often as you want)

Nutrition:
• post your 5 favorite go-to healthy snacks

would anyone like to join me in these challenges?

Replies

• amandapratt
    amandapratt Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Count me in for any of the above!
  • seymour24747
    Options
    Count me in too!
  • kizzy_muss
    kizzy_muss Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    I would be interested in joining in the 500 mins challenge of exercise
  • jessicajm
    Options
    I'm in for any of these!
  • sroseber
    sroseber Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Mental/Emotional:

Physical:
    • Exercise 500 minutes (keep track of your minutes and post activities and times as often as you want)

Nutrition:

So happy others are joining me! Here are mine for the mental/emotional and the nutrition ones. I look forward to seeing what everyone else posts. I'll add my exercise in sometime after the 1st. Guess I'm getting a head start on these...oops!
    Mental/Emotional:
    1. I have a wonderful, loving husband and family
    2. my eyes
    3. my smile
    4. I have great friends in my life
    5. overall I have a pretty great life

Nutrition:
    1. Fresh Fruit
    2. Baby Carrots
    3. Fiber One Oats & Chocolate Bars
    4. Almonds
    5. String Cheese
  • SJT75
    SJT75 Posts: 134
    Options
    I'd love to join you...i love challenges that don't include weight loss as mine seems to be non existant :-( but i challenged myself to do 50 miles of exercise in september (has included running, stair climbing, cycling and rowing) and i have exceeded my challenge and completed 74 so far and a week left in the month....i may not be losing weight but i am a lot fitter :-)
  • sroseber
    Options
    I'd love to join you...i love challenges that don't include weight loss as mine seems to be non existant :-( but i challenged myself to do 50 miles of exercise in september (has included running, stair climbing, cycling and rowing) and i have exceeded my challenge and completed 74 so far and a week left in the month....i may not be losing weight but i am a lot fitter :-)

that's awesome! and don't worry about the pounds...they will catch up. I'm sure you are putting on muscle doing that much exercise and muscle weighs more but it will also burn more so just wait for the loss to catch up. I bet if you are measuring you're noticing a big difference too. (Even if your only measuring is in how your clothes fit)
  • x_sotonguetied
    Options
    these all sound great! i have also found that i don't like the weight loss challenges as much, since you CAN work towards a weight loss goal in a period of time but you never know if you're going to meet it or not, where as things like a goal of working out 500 minutes is something you can forsure control yourself, and feels better because even if the numbers aren't dropping on the scale you're still being healthy :]

just a suggestion for anyone who's interested, for the nutrition section (my weakest!) i was thinking maybe some sort of daily/weekly fruit/veggie goals? we don't have to do anything like that, just a suggestion! :]

and also a suggestion to go with the exercise topic, along with the 500 minutes of exercise, i think i'm going to shoot for a goal of days to go along with that. like a goal of working out at least 4 days a week. just to keep me more on track!
  • knh1123
    Options
    I'd love to join! Challenges are awesome, and keep me accountable for exercising. I have a pattern for coming up with any excuse to not exercise. I'm good at staying in my calorie count (although the foods I eat aren't always the best..), but exercise is not my best point. If I make it to the gym, I do fine. Its a matter of getting myself there!!
  • robynrae_1
    robynrae_1 Posts: 712 Member
    Options

I really like the idea of a distance goal.
  • sroseber
    Options
    Tomorrow is October 1st!!!! Is everyone ready to get started?!?!? I've already posted my nutritional and mental/emotional challenge answers and look forward to seeing everyone elses. If you have other goals you've set for yourself for the month of October please share, maybe others will join you too or at least we can keep each other accountable for all our goals. Good luck everyone!
    Mental/Emotional:

Physical:

Nutrition:

So happy others are joining me! Here are mine for the mental/emotional and the nutrition ones. I look forward to seeing what everyone else posts. I'll add my exercise in sometime after the 1st. Guess I'm getting a head start on these...oops!
    Mental/Emotional:
    1. I have a wonderful, loving husband and family
    2. my eyes
    3. my smile
    4. I have great friends in my life
    5. overall I have a pretty great life

Nutrition:
    1. Fresh Fruit
    2. Baby Carrots
    3. Fiber One Oats & Chocolate Bars
    4. Almonds
    5. String Cheese
  • amandapratt
    Options
    I think I'm going to have to stick with a physical challenge for now. When should we check in?

0/500 minutes of exercise logged for Oct
  • amandapratt
    Options
    51/500 minutes logged for October.

How's everyone else doing with their challenges?
  • sroseber
    Options
    Check in whenever you want, if you want to check in whenever you workout that's fine. If you want to do it once a week that's fine. Whatever you want to do. I'm not doing great on the exercise part of the challenge. Hope everyone else is doing better.
  • kizzy_muss
    kizzy_muss Posts: 585 Member
    Options

exercise.png
  • amandapratt
    Options

exercise.png
  • amandapratt
    Options

exercise.png