Does anyone else replace binging with pinterest?

Options
I had no idea I was doing this, but every time I fight the urge to binge I start pinning recipes.
My boyfriend pointed it out last night and I burst out laughing, because I hadn't made the connection at all.
It's so weirdly satisfying to pin recipes, but also fashion and home decor or whatever.
I used to drink diet soda to try to curb a binge, but since I cut that out of my life to prepare for a pending operation, I had been struggling with binging more and more.
Now I just open up pinterest on my phone and fiddle with it, especially while I'm watching TV (TV is where bingers go to die :P)

Does anyone else have a similar distraction strategy?

Replies

• IsaTexDesigner
    IsaTexDesigner Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Oh Im obsessed with Pinterest recipes. Its my way of dealing with cravings- better to just look than eat it!

On the other hand, Ive found many great recipes there.
  • Iknowsaur
    Iknowsaur Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Oh Im obsessed with Pinterest recipes. Its my way of dealing with cravings- better to just look than eat it!

On the other hand, Ive found many great recipes there.

I'm not alone! :D
    That makes me feel less crazy, yay.
  • caramammal
    caramammal Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Me! Not the resipes but Pinterest in general, i'm an addict, i'll admit.
  • speedy740
    speedy740 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    YES x 10 lol
  • aprilslusher
    aprilslusher Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I hadn't really thought about it until now. I use Pinterest for everything. Yes, I'm a Pinterest addict. :laugh:
  • lily_swenson
    lily_swenson Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Yes yes YES!!!!! Could you please message me your pinterest or post it on here so I can follow you? :smooched:
  • Iknowsaur
    Iknowsaur Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Yes yes YES!!!!! Could you please message me your pinterest or post it on here so I can follow you? :smooched:

I'm @ Iknowsaur o:
  • J_adoreDior_
    J_adoreDior_ Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Yes! I get all of my great ideas from Pinning lol... even exercises!
    It's my addiction.:glasses:
  • April_KT
    April_KT Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Thanks for making me realize what im doing!! im always on pinterest looking at everything especially recipes!! Defiantly distracting enough to keep from eating :)
  • QueenMother14
    QueenMother14 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    I love Pinterest!
  • healthykaitlin
    healthykaitlin Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Yes! Not so much with recipes (If I see a cookie or cupcake recipe... I will make it right then & there because I bake often for others and therefore always have the fixings on hand!!!) But I LOOOOVE health & fitness boards.. the motivational quotes really work for me, as does the humor section! If I pin some really funny stuff, I just forget about my craving!
  • sunflowerhippi
    sunflowerhippi Posts: 1,086 Member
    Options
    I pin cupcake ideas for parties I make them for and my husbands work.... lol
  • Neonbeige
    Neonbeige Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I like Pinterest! It's perfect for people like me, who love nice stuff and love to do some research, but almost never actually get themselves to do it. That keeps the danger on a minimum.

If I would start to cook, craft, etc. all the stuff I am looking at, in awe of those strangers that have the time to do such nice things, I would either eat way too much or have my house full with pretty, but useless things. So, yeah, only watching for me is fine.
  • firefoxxie
    firefoxxie Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I don't use pinterest but I experience the same with Yummly! Omg it's the mother-load of recipe databases.
  • supermysza
    supermysza Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I Pin fitspiration posts :P I find that looking at recipes makes me crave them :grumble:
  • plumbean
    plumbean Posts: 4
    Options
    Yes, I totally do this! I sometimes make the dessert recipes too, but that is just once in a while. I sometimes look through all the dessert recipes trying to find which one is the best to make for a special occasion. Sometimes I just look, knowing - yeah, I'll never eat that!
  • Erikaelias85
    Erikaelias85 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I love pinterest. My pinterest profile is http://www.pinterest.com/kikidkilla .
  • p_s1984
    p_s1984 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    LOL! Totally me!! If I am not thinking of food I am looking at food on Pinterest :) Just goes to show you "appetite" is a mental thing :) I'll binge on Pinterest any day!
  • jammajish
    jammajish Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I totally do this too! I love pinning recipes and fitspo :)