Avocado

Options
2»

Replies

• toddis
    toddis Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    Blend avocado with cocoa powder, a splash of milk, and honey. The best mousse you'll ever taste!

I mash avocado with chocolate whey powder. i dig it. some people prefer to put a little cocoa and sweetener in to balance out the taste a bit.
  • TX_Rhon
    TX_Rhon Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    and its uber de-lish on a burger with bacon.......ha!

it's a healthier fat. accept it, embrace it & enjoy it :flowerforyou:
  • trijoe
    trijoe Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    We're having crab n avocado salad for supper tonight. Fresh crab meat, lime juice, garlic, paprika, cabbage, celery, cilantro, and a small shmear of low fat sour cream. Mix it all up and put it in an avocado half. Oh yeah. Heaven.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    We're having crab n avocado salad for supper tonight. Fresh crab meat, lime juice, garlic, paprika, cabbage, celery, cilantro, and a small shmear of low fat sour cream. Mix it all up and put it in an avocado half. Oh yeah. Heaven.

What time shall I be there?
  • lynn1982
    lynn1982 Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    Why are you so afraid of fat???
  • trijoe
    trijoe Posts: 729 Member
    Options

What time shall I be there?

HA! Dinner was at 6. The 5 of us went through 8 avocados. They were the small ones, mind you. Oh, it was so good. And easy to whip up, too. Total prep time? I don't think it's even 5 minutes.
  • Jamr8231
    Jamr8231 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I love avocados, but unfortunately they're pricey here in the UK.
  • hipsdontlie1
    hipsdontlie1 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    YES SO good for you! I usually eat half an avacado per day... that's about equal to the fat in a serving of potato chips.. and it's a totally different type of fat. You need fat to lose fat!
  • shunggie
    shunggie Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    The first time I dieted I restricted my fat intake to 20 grams a day. I would not eat avocados or olives or anything with "good fat" because I thought all fat was the same. I lost 125 pounds doing it this way but it was so restrictive and boring that I was not very happy. Now I have a better understanding of things and eat avocadoes all the time! Good fat sources make it easier to skip the bad ones.