Any flabby belly before and after pics? Is it fixable??

Options
13»

Replies

• Jkn921
    Jkn921 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Mine has slowly started to decrease and I seem to have slightly better body composition doing JM's 30 Day Shred - only Level 1 so far and not consistent. I might give that up and do heavy lifting at home 3-4 times per week instead as I think that'll make the biggest change - my belly has always been the worst area and right now, it's a got a bit left that needs to go.
  • catherinemaxwell566
    Options

thank you!

there we go, theres my belly now and a few months ago, helped by jogging and aerial yoga
  • mimiteh35
    mimiteh35 Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    bump for future reference.. unfortunately my belly was hanging before I got started with all the fat, so I fear I may be a lost hope in the belly area, but I've decided already (mostly because I have this stupidly odd fear of needles let alone surgery) that once I reach my goal weight, I will see if I can maintain for at least 1 year before I consider any type of surgery, that way I can see if I will be able to manage my weight and I will see if my body does any more changes on its own as I continue to maintain. If I can see any sort changes in the positive, I will put off any type of surgery...at least that's what I tell myself because I really hope that it will look some better over time for me. :( I have a hang and lots of stretch marks, and I'm 40 yrs old now. :/

also OP your pug is CUTE! I have one myself! :)
  • RHachicho
    RHachicho Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    From what I understand it is fixable when you are young. However if you are over 40 your skin may not be elastic enough to adapt completely. And people over 20 will find it takes longer. There are also individual genetic predispositions and lifestyle factors that play a big role. A tailored diet and exercise regime can speed up the process. Here are also some tips.

Dieting with too low calories is problematic because it robs your body of essential oils and nutrients that it needs to modify your skin. If you lose slowly and with a decent calorie allotment over a long time loose skin should be far less of a problem.

A diet rich in good oils (Fish oil and olive oil are good) and Collagen (Milk,Cottage cheese and Tofu are well known sources of this) Helps too.

If you don't mind the athletic look lift some weights and improve your musculature which will give your skin something else to hang on to and improve your bodies overall health.
  • Yagisama
    Yagisama Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Definitely possible. Hard work, patience, heavy lifting, eating a deficit. That's all it takes. 59941475_7704.jpg

Wow, this is amazing. Quite the inspiration !!
  • Yagisama
    Yagisama Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Yeah I'm sure my belly is going to be a problem as well. :(

And to be honest, I would never get ANY kind of plastic surgery, even just to remove extra skin.

I've had really bad experience with plastic surgeons in the OR. Back when I was trying to go to med school, I had the opportunity to observe many surgeries. Many of them were plastic surgery related (liposuction, breast implants, etc).

The surgeons and nurses literally made fun of the patients. I can't count how many times I've heard "I would never get this surgery from the nurses and doctors WHILE they were doing the surgery." The doctor even joked that the patient wasn't changing her lifestyle and would just come to him every year or so. He made it sound like he was happy to take her money and everyone laughed.

Granted, skin removal is different, but that experience really turned me off of ANY kind of plastic surgery (not that I needed help to turn off from it in the first place).
  • RHachicho
    RHachicho Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    From what I have researched this is usually the result of losing weight at an unhealthy rate. Or doing so without exercising and getting your body to be healthy. Lesson. If you don't want to look like droopy the dog's face then you'd better pay more attention to your health than just a number on the scale. Your skin needs nutrients and time to tighten. If your weight loss out paces it or it doesn't have the resources to do it. Then it will just hang there .. simple as.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    From what I have researched this is usually the result of losing weight at an unhealthy rate. Or doing so without exercising and getting your body to be healthy. Lesson. If you don't want to look like droopy the dog's face then you'd better pay more attention to your health than just a number on the scale. Your skin needs nutrients and time to tighten. If your weight loss out paces it or it doesn't have the resources to do it. Then it will just hang there .. simple as.

That does play a small role. Genetics is a bigger factor. Some people don't have much elasticity in their skin or they were obese for a long time. The skin may never tighten on its own in those cases. Yes, we should all focus on health, gradual weight loss and exercising as well as taking care of the skin. Some people who follow those suggestions will simply never see their skin tighten.