weight gain at a deficit?

Options
13»

Replies

• Julesoola
    Julesoola Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I use the fitbit and MFP together, make sure you have MFP set at the lowest settings (sedentary I think) so that you aren't getting credited for twice the calorie burn. I'm also pro food scale. But, I still think this particular issue is water weight.
  • digregorio84
    Options
    I use the fitbit and MFP together, make sure you have MFP set at the lowest settings (sedentary I think) so that you aren't getting credited for twice the calorie burn. I'm also pro food scale. But, I still think this particular issue is water weight.

Thanks and yes I'm set at sedentary. I also pay attention to fitbit's diet plan that changes based on my calorie expenditure and I'm always under. But I'll give weighing a try as well. And try to drink more water. I appreciate your responses.
  • disasterman
    disasterman Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    Also, TDEE could be wrong.
  • Koldnomore
    Koldnomore Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    I linked this in another post but here it is again:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/595473-why-the-scale-goes-up-with-a-new-workout-program-must-read

I'm also in the "water weight" camp however that being said I can honestly say that now that I am so close to my goal weight the difference between losing .5 / week and not doing it is equivalent to drinking an extra glass of milk per day for me. My margin of error is SO tiny that if I don't weight absolutely everything I don't lose that week. Check out this video if you're interested http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVjWPclrWVY

I'd give your program a few more weeks before panicking though and try to drink more water also if you can ;)
  • dmenchac
    dmenchac Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    you measure ...

Not weigh

Kitchen scales...weigh your food

I don't eat much that requires weighing. Most of what I eat are vegetables or foods that get measured by cup or tbsp. I don't eat chicken beef or pork. I eat fish which I can eyeball 4 oz or beans which I measure by cup

Do you think a cup of steel weighs the same as a cup of beans?

Congrats on your weight loss, but if you aren't losing, something is wrong.