Any Ideas for Easy Healthy Snacks? **PIC INSIDE**

Options
HauteBetic
HauteBetic Posts: 5 Member
Lately I've been on this baked apple chips kick, mainly because it's so easy to pack and go, but also because it fulfills a sweet craving with a little tartness. I have to admit that it takes approximately 2.5 hours from slicing the apples to snacking time. However, if you have a little time on your hands (for instance a Saturday morning), you can pop them in the oven and walk away. Normally, I'll just slip them in the oven, sit at the computer, put a dent in my workload, and by the time they're done, it's time for a snack. The best apples are Granny Smith, Gala, Honey Crisp, or Pink Lady. You can sprinkle a little cinnamon or True Lemon crystals for a boost but they're just as good without.

I would love to hear your suggestions.... What is your favorite go-to snack?

3f5q.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Replies

• jkolbe94
    jkolbe94 Posts: 23
    Options
    I like halos, string cheese, trail mix (1/4 cup with just the fruit and nut kind, no m&ms or cereals haha), a spoonful of natural peanut butter, a square of 85% cocoa dark chocolate... and lots of water! Haha. Banana chips alone are pretty good, and so are yogurt covered pretzels (if you can refrain from eating the whole bag)
  • Sara__Beth
    Sara__Beth Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    String cheese is awesome and I really love rice cakes, especially the ones in different flavors like chocolate. I had to stop buying them though because I couldn't eat just one or two of those things. After a workout I really love chick peas, with some pepper flakes, a little salt and oil, and roasted in the oven until they're golden and crunchy. Delicious. And those FiberOne lemon bars...if you haven't tried them yet you definitely need to.
  • HauteBetic
    HauteBetic Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have to admit, string cheese and trail mix are very popular items in my home. However, I will have to add banana chips and Fiber One lemon bars to my regime. I'm a little weary of the chick peas, but they can't be any worse than wasabi peas! Have you tried those?
  • Chickyboomboom
    Chickyboomboom Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    My fav snack is almonds with a clementine.
  • MarioLozano16
    MarioLozano16 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Cereal with apple slices and greek yogurt
  • Jaxsonjess
    Jaxsonjess Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I do almonds, rice cakes, KIND bars, string cheese, Halos, pretzel chips, carrots, trail mix
  • climbing_trees
    climbing_trees Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Chia seed pudding!
    Mix 2T chia seeds with 1 cup almond or your choice of milk. Let sit in the fridge for at least an hour, overnight is best.
    You can mix in stevia/sweeteners, vanilla or other extracts. Sometimes I add shredded coconut or fruit~
    yum :)
  • traceleann
    traceleann Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Carrots and cracked chili pepper hummus. Apple and string cheese. Not gonna lie, tonight's snack was a pop tart. Some nights have cereal for a snack. I love popcorn. It's so filling and low calorie. Almonds and dark chocolate or dried cranberries. Greek yogurt with almonds or dark chocolate chips. The coconut greek yogurt is amazing!
  • Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Co-jack cheese stick. Not healthy but 40 cal slim Jim's rock. They solve my occasional salt craving and I can control them. Emerald 100cal nut packs also good.