Scooby calculator- moderate or strenuous exercise

Options
I'm trying to figure out my calories for my fitness goal. I've read a lot about the scooby calculator being accurate. But I'm unsure if I should have my exercise be moderate or strenuous? I work out at the gym about 5 days a week, doing about 45 minutes of weight lifting and then about 30 minutes of cardio. I'm assuming this is strenuous, but I don't want to over eat calories?

Replies

• lemonychild
    lemonychild Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    then pick moderate
  • aleggett321
    aleggett321 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I'd chose moderate. Better lower than higher.
  • SephiraRose
    SephiraRose Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    I'd go with moderate as well. You can always adjust your calories with the intensity of your workouts. Best luck with your goals.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Moderate... definitely not more than that, unless you walk a lot during the day too or something. I walk 3 miles a day in average (45 minutes) and lift weights 3x a week and I'm moderate.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    moderate...

I do full body 3x weekly heavy and cycle roughly 15 miles 3x weekly with a longer ride once per week and I'm pretty much moderate (actually somewhere between moderate and strenuous).

It'll be a good starting point anyway...then you can make adjustments as per your real world results. You'll never be exactly one of these numbers that a calculator spits out...they are just meant to be a jumping off point...you will have to tweak things as you go along.
  • wtw0n
    wtw0n Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    I'd definitely pick strenuous. If you exercise five times a week, for 75 minutes every time AND you also lift every time, that's not moderate.

Edit:
    I have to agree with cwolfman13, though. You will have to tweak things as you go along. If you end up picking moderate and then feel that the calories are not enough, just try upping the calories.