Best tasting protein powder?

Options

Replies

• fittestpal
    fittestpal Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Don't buy protein from Walmart. If you look at the label and the main ingredient is "whey concentrate" don't buy it. Youre looking for isolate or even better hydrolyzed.
  • angel7472
    angel7472 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    After trying many, I love Allmax Isoflex whey protein isolate - chocolate with real Choco chips.
    1 scoop:
    115 cals
    1g carbs
    27g protein.
    I bought a blender bottle too all at Walmart. Love both of them!:love:

I may look into this one thanks :smile:
  • tedrickp
    tedrickp Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options
    Have only tried Optimum Nutrition Gold - Vanilla Ice Cream and it is not bad. Also MTS Chocolate which was good.
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    Jay Robb ! hands down

Agree! Syntha-6 great taste but high in calories.
  • arwacky
    arwacky Posts: 1,653
    Options
    DO NOT TRY ISOPURE ZERO CARB!!!

Having said that..I did try phase 8 cookies and cream and I really liked it. Mmmm delish!
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    TRUTEIN!!

Om nom nom

I buy chocolate peanut butter (actually tastes like a milkshake) and cinnabun (which tastes like cereal milk)
  • ironmonkeystyle
    ironmonkeystyle Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    TRUTEIN!!

Om nom nom

I buy chocolate peanut butter (actually tastes like a milkshake) and cinnabun (which tastes like cereal milk)

^^^ This. Trutein is the best, and those are my exact favorite flavors. You can also try MuscleEgg (mint brownie is the best imho)-- but that is expensive too. I also like MuscleTech's Phase 8 (milk chocolate).
  • thegilly6
    thegilly6 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    @poorchini

"I really like the Body Fortress - Super Advanced Whey Isolate - Vanilla Creme. Its 130 calories, 1g carb, 30g of protein per scoop! About $20 at most stores. They had it at walmart and the local Meijer.

Oh, and I mix it with unsweetened almond milk."

That's a hoot. I just did this 5 minutes ago. It was great! Kind of frothy.
  • Mario_Az
    Mario_Az Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options
    Vitamin shoppe Whey Tech Pro 24 Chocolate Mint
  • awebster2
    awebster2 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    We've been using Dymatize Iso-100 Hydrolyzed Whey. Recommended by my son's trainer and I don't mind the taste either. Even the vanilla mixed with just water is palatable. Like the chocolate better :-)
  • JoJo__Fit
    JoJo__Fit Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Muscletech Phase 8 chocolate
  • CharleePear
    CharleePear Posts: 1,948 Member
    Options
    Nar Labs 100% Lean Whey I use Vanilla cos I make smoothies out of them. But I heard chocolate is really yummy.
  • jdad1
    jdad1 Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    gold standard optimum nutrition....Vanilla
  • jbee27
    jbee27 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey Protein, Double Rich Chocolate.

120 calories
    3g Carbs
    1g Sugar
    23g Protein

Delicious when mixed with milk, tastes like whole chocolate milk. Still not bad when mixed with water.
  • tedrickp
    tedrickp Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options

"I really like the Body Fortress - Super Advanced Whey Isolate - Vanilla Creme. Its 130 calories, 1g carb, 30g of protein per scoop! About $20 at most stores. They had it at walmart and the local Meijer.

One thing to be careful about with Whey protein powder is "amino spiking". Single aminos like Taurine, Glycine, Leucine (and more) do not count as full proteins. When protein powder is tested it's done via nitrogen testing, and these single aminos will show up in that test...but they do not actually contribute complete protein that your body can use. The single aminos are also way cheaper so some unscrupulous manufacturers will spike their whey with single aminos so they can say it contains XX amount of protein when it might be less.

I am not claiming Body Fortress does this, and I am not naming any names - because I don't know.

However, for me personally, I look at the ingredient lists, and if I see a single amino acid listed near top of ingredients - I get nervous.

Here is a great video on it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntSyz018rxw

Lobliner breaks it down better than I can.
  • Iknowsaur
    Iknowsaur Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    I really like Dymatize, but I've been using Ens Celebrate because it has some vitamins in it and is specifically recommended for post bariatric surgery and I'm having a sleeve done in May.

Edited for morning typing >>
  • Iknowsaur
    Iknowsaur Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    DO NOT TRY ISOPURE ZERO CARB!!!

Having said that..I did try phase 8 cookies and cream and I really liked it. Mmmm delish!

Oh, lord, I just saw this.
    It's the nastiest smelling nastiest tasting thing on the planet.
    Don't do it.
    And it's so expensive.
  • rayneface
    rayneface Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Muscle Pharm Combat Powder - I like vanilla and also cookies and cream. They are both delicious, mix well with water (for when you are on the go) and blend well into other things like oatmeal and pancakes.
    I've tried a lot, that's my fav - also now you can get it at Costco.
  • JimiB73
    JimiB73 Posts: 34
    Options
    Cellucor cinnamon swirl......have had cookies and cream and molten chocolate by cellucor as well. All are delicious and mix very well.
  • princess_gina_00
    princess_gina_00 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I really like the Body Fortress - Super Advanced Whey Isolate - Vanilla Creme. Its 130 calories, 1g carb, 30g of protein per scoop! About $20 at most stores. They had it at walmart and the local Meijer.

Oh, and I mix it with unsweetened almond milk.

I second the Body Fortress Whey Isolate - Vanilla. But, do not try the chocolate. It is horrible!