Crunch Crunch Crunch

Options
Okay, I crave foods that crunch.
Scratch that, I love CHIPS!!
I've cut down a whole bunch, ALOT ACTUALLY, have a serving here and there but not too often.
Other than carrots, celery, popcorn and all that crunchiness, do you have any suggestions to satisfy my craving for crunchy/a bit salty foods...while still staying on the healthy side?

Replies

• fxdl2k2
    fxdl2k2 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I am with you on this one.

Baby carrots with spicy hot homemade salsa!
    Melba toast is a good crunch too.

Shortcut homemade salsa Recipe

1 can Rotel, drained
    squeeze of lime juice
    garlic powder or minced garlic
    cilantro

Blend in a food processor to the desired "chunkiness."
  • merebear
    merebear Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    almonds, organic crackers by Mary's Gone Crackers, 100 cal popcorn bags like you said, snack packs of small crunchy snacks...
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,023 Member
    Options
    rice cakes, I love the carmel corn ones but they have alot of different flavors. popcorn is always good, reduced fat tricuits or wheat thins, pirates booty ( it is a flavored puffed rice that taste like white cheddar cheese popcorn) .also chex mix isnt too bad if you just eat a serving. I hope this helps
  • naguilar210
    Options
    How could I forget Pirate's Booty?!
  • jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    how about a cup of cheerios or multigrain cheerios. 1 cup = a lot of crunch! About 100 calories, I think.
  • becomingsara
    Options
    World Table Asian Nut Crunch has been my go to crunchy snack. That is the walmart brand, and it is rice crackers with almonds. 1/3 cup is 140 cals, and I got my measuring cup out and its actually a lot of crunch!

Good findings for you!
    ~ Sara
  • elloradannon
    Options
    Pita chips with hummus or pretzel thins. I'm with you! I LOOOVE chips
  • garedds
    garedds Posts: 251
    Options
    I second the rice cakes or mini rice cakes. I love them and when I'm craving chips (which I love) I have them instead. Also baked chips. We have Old utch baked chips and they are awesome. Lay's are pretty good too. If you only have a serving (50g) they are not too bad.
  • Brat3073
    Options
    Okay, I crave foods that crunch.
    Scratch that, I love CHIPS!!
    I've cut down a whole bunch, ALOT ACTUALLY, have a serving here and there but not too often.
    Other than carrots, celery, popcorn and all that crunchiness, do you have any suggestions to satisfy my craving for crunchy/a bit salty foods...while still staying on the healthy side?

Chocolate Cherrios....3/4C.....100 calories

Funyuns...1 bag....180 Calories

Orriville reddenbacher 100 calorie popcorn...1 bag

ice cream cone.....sugarcone...50 cal...vanilla reduced sugar, 1/2C....90 calories.

Almonda, pecan, walnuts...lightly salted. 1/4 Cup (about 12 pcs.) around 80 calories
  • christina1109
    Options
    Terra Veggie Chips. Oh so YUMMY.