To Schedule or Not to schedule??

ChancyW
ChancyW Posts: 437 Member
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
Hey all!
I am a Beachbody coach and have been doing P90X (and more recently Insanity) for a year and a half now (with excellent results I might add!).

I have recently added in quite a few of the other Beachbody programs & instead of following the "P90X Routine" or the "Insanity Program" I have been kind of winging it with my workouts. Just deciding the day before or the day of what workout I am going to do (I probably have about 40 to choose from now.) This has been going on for several weeks now.

What do you guys do? Do you prefer a schedule? Or are you a "wing it" kind of person?

Do you think it helps if you are on a schedule?

-Chancy

*Feel free to friend me!

Replies

• I wing it. i HATE structure!
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    I have two routines of workouts I do every other day and just rotate them. I have to have a schedule, otherwise I wouldn't do it!! It keeps me accountable and I always know what I'm going to do and how much food I can expect to eat because of the calorie burn.
  • jillybeanruns
    jillybeanruns Posts: 1,420 Member
    I schedule. Mostly because I'm training for a race and have to follow a schedule. For my cross-training days, I decide what I'm doing that day, but I know in advance what my runs are going to be!
  • fit2sit
    fit2sit Posts: 82 Member
    I wing it. Generally I'll have a plan for certain days (cardio, upper body, lower body, etc.), but then sometimes life derails that plan. Today I had "planned" 30 min cardio and some upper body calisthenics. But a couple days ago my buddy called with free tickets to a local Monte Carlo night for charity. So it looks like that plan is out the window. I guess I'll just do what my medication says to do "If you miss a dose, skip it, resume regular dosage at usual time." But if I have time to spare I'll kick myself in the butt and crank out some exercise.
  • lt3ag4s
    lt3ag4s Posts: 835 Member
    Schedule in order to get balance.
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Tell me what to do! Unless, of course, I don't want to what you tell me. . . :bigsmile:

I like the Insanity schedule but was not crazy about the BBL schedule.
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,033 Member
    I schedule otherwise I wouldnt do it, but I also do some things on the fly , like if my daughter asks me to go on a bike ride with her, or to go on a walk with her. So I kinda do both
  • sarahwright01
    sarahwright01 Posts: 229 Member
    I am a scheduler! for sure...I need it so that i have somehting to both look forward too, and something to keep me accountable.

Here is my schedule:

Sunday: Freebie (If I can fit something fun in I will. LIke a bike ride with the Hubby, or a walk with the dogs)
    Monday: Zumba 7:15-8:15
    Tuesday: Weights and Cardio 9:00-9:45
    Wednesday: Zumba 6:10-7:10 and Swim if my hubby comes to the gym
    Thursday: Ride My horses/ Walk dogs if time
    Friday: Zumba 4:30-5:30 and walk my dogs
    Saturday: Walk my Dogs/Bike Ride/Weights (Do something specifically for my Body for 1 hour)

I look forward to all of these things, except for the Tueday weights day, and saturday when I have to make a decision about what to do.....
  • sarahwright01
    sarahwright01 Posts: 229 Member
    I am a scheduler! for sure...I need it so that i have somehting to both look forward too, and something to keep me accountable.

Here is my schedule:

Sunday: Freebie (If I can fit something fun in I will. LIke a bike ride with the Hubby, or a walk with the dogs)
    Monday: Zumba 7:15-8:15
    Tuesday: Weights and Cardio 9:00-9:45
    Wednesday: Zumba 6:10-7:10 and Swim if my hubby comes to the gym
    Thursday: Ride My horses/ Walk dogs if time
    Friday: Zumba 4:30-5:30 and walk my dogs
    Saturday: Walk my Dogs/Bike Ride/Weights (Do something specifically for my Body for 1 hour)

I look forward to all of these things, except for the Tueday weights day, and saturday when I have to make a decision about what to do.....
  • nicolina823
    nicolina823 Posts: 450 Member
    I try to schedule. I do CLE but this week I'm way off on the sched... I'm an under eater during the day because when I come home I know my bf and step son like to think up crazy dinners that I'll need extra calories for. It sucks sometimes but its better than going home to watch them eat food that I want really bad.
This discussion has been closed.