Gained back all my weight :(

Options
So I went off my diet and exercise regime about 2 weeks ago I was dealing with moving out of my place to a new place and it took about a week for everything to get settled and in that time, I didn't have a place to cook so I was just eating out all the time.So I guess it makes sense that in 2 weeks I gained back all the weight that it took me 2+ months to lose. and I'm feeling pretty depressed and hopeless, when I see how chunky I look right now. I really need some encouragement and support guys right now guys :(

Replies

• shakeray1173
    Options
    I have been there SO many times! Just don't do like I did and ignore it for 2+ years and gain more. Hop back on the wagon! Good luck!
  • lupitaperezluna
    Options
    Think positive, you have done it before so you can do it again and now with a plus, you have more experience and know what is best for you and what not to do. never give up! we are in the same boat but we should get there its all on ourself's.
  • Pamela_in_Progress
    Pamela_in_Progress Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    That's unfortunate. Try not to look at it as a defeat, just a little set back. Learn from your mistakes and jump right back in with both feet. I know it's easier said than done, but sometimes you just have to be your own cheerleader. Please don't let it get you down and most of all, don't give up! :flowerforyou:
  • jst1986
    jst1986 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    It happens. Sometimes life takes over. Last year I lost 70lb but then put 35lb back on. The important thing is getting back on it, now!

You can do it!
  • ainokea8
    ainokea8 Posts: 95
    Options
    Thank you all for the kind words :)
    This time I think i'm coming back with a vengeance and decided I'm going to work at it twice harder than I did before.
  • bwogilvie
    bwogilvie Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    If you've been eating out a lot, some of the extra weight might come from water. First, the salt in restaurant food encourages your body to retain water. Second, if you go from eating at a calorie deficit to eating at or over maintenance, your muscles will store more glycogen, along with 4 times its weight in water. If that's the case, you should lose some of that weight pretty quickly. Good luck!
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    Diets don't work. You need a lifestyle change.
  • rougecrayon2
    rougecrayon2 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Now you have seen the results you get when you put a little effort into it.

You also have seen the results you get when you put fast food and sugary drinks back into your diet!

It totally sucks (trust me, I'm there now) when you gain a bunch of weight after seeing it go, but the crappy parts of life teach us the most. It's how you move forward that really count.

Just changing your diet a little will make a big difference on your health, even if you cant see it in your waistline (YET!)
  • bluebirds5
    bluebirds5 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I have gone back to my old ways a few times but I find when I get back on track it does not take me as long to lose the weight. Some of it is probably water weight from all the sodium in fast food. I just got back on track myself and am down 2lbs this week. Just don't give up. You know how good it feels to be successful, so get back on that horse and make those lifestyle changes. You can do it!