Gym shoes for flat feet...

Options
I need new gym shoes as the ones I have are not properly supporting my feet. The problem, though, is there are thousands of shoes on the market! I don't mind spending some money to get good quality shoes, I just can't figure out which ones to buy! Any suggestions? I need shoes that will support my feet through cardio (elliptical and walking on the treadmill) and also with lifting. Thanks!

Replies

• Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,209 Member
    Options
    I would try to get the support from an insole, not a supportive shoe. That way you can gradually wean yourself off the support, so your feet become stronger (supportive footwear weakens feet). So i would slip in a pair of Superfeet or Powerstep insoles into a low-heeled shoe like Keds or Converse. The low heel is more ergonomically correct than the raised heel of typical gym shoes, and gives better lateral stability too.
  • ShannonMpls
    ShannonMpls Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    So i would slip in a pair of Superfeet or Powerstep insoles into a low-heeled shoe like Keds or Converse. The low heel is more ergonomically correct than the raised heel of typical gym shoes, and gives better lateral stability too.

Exactly what I do for lifting, though the superfeet give me a bit of a heel rise.

I put replace my running show insoles with green superfeet.
  • IWILLBelieveAchieveInspire
    Options
    I'd suggest custom orthotics if your feet are truly flat. No insole that comes in any shoe has given me enough support for my flat feet on their own. Without my orthotics I'd be in major pain by the end of my workout. They aren't cheap but worth every penny for me. They can make them with a more flexible material so that they remain comfortable.