I Need Ideas For Salmon

Replies

• Josalinn
    Josalinn Posts: 1,066 Member
    Rice balls!

I love rice balls and they are so easy to make, just time consuming. You can make salted salmon and put it in the center. I made that and red bean (which was a desert) rice balls.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Throw some Italian salad dressing on it and bake.
  • One of my favorite ways to cook Salmon is to spray the pan with a little cooking spray then add mustard dijon or prepared -,grill
    until done then serve with a drizzle of maple syrup on top
  • ascrit
    ascrit Posts: 770 Member
    I made this the other day; it was simple and delicious:
    paleomg.com/simple-herb-crusted-salmon/
  • 1971MLJ
    1971MLJ Posts: 137 Member
    Sprinkled with cajun spice and baked or wrapped in prosciutto and baked.
    Both delicious.
  • bmondloch
    bmondloch Posts: 28 Member
    I grill my salmon and I too like to try new things. I found a recipe for Salmon with pineapple salsa. It is so good. I add jalapeno to the salsa to give it a little heat. Here is the link to the recipe http://www.mccormick.com/Lawrys/Recipes/Main-Dishes/Salmon-with-Pineapple-Salsa
    Hope you give it a try, it is very good.
  • aricbramlett
    aricbramlett Posts: 16 Member
    Blackened
    Mix salt, pepper, thyme, paprika, garlic powder, cayenne pepper together. Coat heavy on salmon, then put a small pat of butter on a hot skillet (cast iron works best) and lay the salmon on top, coat other side and flip. Everyone in my house would eat this almost every day, and I have four kids.
  • michellewong699
    michellewong699 Posts: 98 Member
    Grill it! I slather mine in olive oil, a bit of salt and pepper, and throw it skin-down on the grill until it's cooked all the way through. It has a nice - but not overwhelming - smokiness to it.

**Edited to say that the pesto + tomato sounds delicious!!

This is my FAVORITE way to make salmon! It tastes really refreshing with the little added smokiness ;)
  • seattlerain
    seattlerain Posts: 189 Member
    SUPER Easy and everyone I have made this for LOVES it!

2 cloves garlic, minced
    6 tablespoons light olive oil (I cut it down to 2 tablespoons)
    1 teaspoon dried basil
    1 teaspoon salt
    1 teaspoon ground black pepper
    1 tablespoon lemon juice
    1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
    2 (6 ounce) fillets salmon

1.In a medium glass bowl, prepare marinade by mixing garlic, light olive oil, basil, salt, pepper, lemon juice and parsley. Place salmon fillets in a medium glass baking dish, and cover with the marinade. Marinate in the refrigerator about 1 hour, turning occasionally.
    2.Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
    3.Place fillets in aluminum foil, cover with marinade, and seal. Place sealed salmon in the glass dish, and bake 35 to 45 minutes, until easily flaked with a fork.
  • konerusp
    konerusp Posts: 247 Member
    Just got back from Hawaii,had a salmon crusted with macadamia nuts and bubu arare( a japanese rice crispies) salt and pepper it was yumm.
  • Soccer_Chick
    Soccer_Chick Posts: 204 Member
    A delicious alternative to all the other great ideas is cooking the salmon in parchment paper. My very favorite way. Rub the fish with olive oil and season as desired. Cook at 420 degrees for about 20-25 minutes. Beautiful fish. Serve with farro and a vegetable and you are good to go. Google for ways to wrap the fish in the paper. It's really simple, but you need to see it to do it properly.

Cheers!
  • Iknowsaur
    Iknowsaur Posts: 777 Member
    Sushi.
    Thread accomplished.
  • frangrann
    frangrann Posts: 219 Member
    Brush on EVOO and Adobo seasoning ....then grill. yummo!
  • Bumping to read later
  • Shadowknight137
    Shadowknight137 Posts: 1,243 Member
    I usually drizzle a bit of fish and soy sauce over it, then spread on some crushed garlic, ginger and a little bit of chilli. Also, a tiny - only a really, really little bit of wasabi, and mix it all on top. Then crush some black pepper over it and bake for fifteen minutes.

Best salmon I've ever had. Legit my favourite dinner.
  • Ataraxia81
    Ataraxia81 Posts: 63 Member
    My favorite method is easy:

1 sheet of tin foil.
    A few slices of lemon
    salmon
    butter
    salt and pepper

Lay out the tin foil, place a few lemon slices on the tin foil. Place the salmon on the lemon slices, season with salt and pepper. Add some butter. Wrap it up tightly and bake in the oven at 300 for 25 minutes.
  • the_summer_belle
    the_summer_belle Posts: 353 Member
    I normally get some aluminum foil spray it lightly with olive oil spray put the salmon on drizzle some lime and lemon juice then use mint and a little sea salt and cracked pepper. wrap up put in oven for like 25 mins and its perfectly cooked all the way through and yummy! Serve with quinoa.
  • pseudomuffin
    pseudomuffin Posts: 1,058 Member
    Every time I make salmon I mix a little sesame oil and soy sauce together and brush it on, top with a little lemon pepper and then bake. It's delicious and makes for a very delicate flavor.
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,880 Member
    Dredge with a little flour, pan fry with a spray of olive oil and serve with salsa verde or chimichurri.