Cinnamon suplement???

JoyceJoanne
JoyceJoanne Posts: 760 Member
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
I stumbled on something the other day that said that taking a cinnamon supplement helps with fat and sugar digestion...especially 'belly' fat.

Does anyone have any experience with or heard anything about a cinnamon supplement?? I love to have your input.
Thanks.

Replies

• ProTFitness
    ProTFitness Posts: 1,379 Member
    Just add cinnamon to your food. I has many healthy benifits
  • StephieWheats
    StephieWheats Posts: 88 Member
    Cinnamon is great for you!! The problem is and I'm quoting my husband who is a nutritionist is that "they have other things in them that make them not worth it". Check it out. He tells me that if I want to add cinnamon to your diet the old fashion way.
    http://www.ehow.com/facts_5513102_do-cinnamon-pills-do-body.html Just make sure you read your bottle if you decide to go for it. Make sure none of the warnings apply to you. Also they are supplements so they are not regulated by the FDA. Also make sure you are getting real cinnamon and none of the fake stuff.
  • LynnBirchfield
    LynnBirchfield Posts: 581 Member
    I read that a couple of years ago. I tried the supplements but they gave me heartburn. It may work for you. Matter of fact, I may try it again.:happy:
  • I've taken the supplements but I prefer the real deal. I sprinkle cinnamon on oatmeal, have added it to coffee grounds if I'm in the mood for cinnamon coffee, mixed in certain teas, on apples, etc. I love anything cinnamon!
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    And keep in mind, you can't target where your body loses fat - granted there are different types of fat in your body - ie that around organs, and that around your (ie) legs which do burn differently at a minute level... but you really can't say - I am going to now burn fat from my midsection!
  • Topbobdog
    Topbobdog Posts: 55 Member
    Real cinnamon is great for you it has a lot of benefits however make sure it is real cinnamon and not cassia cinnamon. Cassia cinnamon is not the same and its what a lot of our powdered cinnamon is that is sold in stores you might have to buy it in real sticks and grind it or check out an ethnic food store Mexican markets have the real stuff in bottles. Also the country of Germany banned the import of cassia cinnamon its not the same at all. It is great in teas or in a lot of meals most of the time you dont even notice it and the benefits are suppose to be from as little as a teaspoon a day.
    Im also including a link to identify real vs fake cinnamon.

http://www.ceylon-cinnamon.com/Identify-Cinnamon.htm

Also Ginger is another amazing spice it helps calm upset stomachs same with that buy the root not the powder.

Fresh herbs are always better than the canned stuff and some of the canned herbs are actually fake. Its really disappointing
  • i've heard of that and it does but i dont know how much you may need to take im doing the cayene pepper maple syrup all natural grade b and lemon and fresh water thats working great for me look up what cayene pepper has in it its helps speed metabolism and does a lot
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    I use Cinnamon from time to time. When I first started my weight loss journey I got cinnamon capsules to regulate blood sugar. That is their purpose. Many people are hooked on many forms of sugar. Sugar from donuts and candy bars can raise your blood sugar and make you feel hungry and craving everything in sight. Cinnamon combats these sugar cravings. I just walked away from a peach cobbler yesterday without a problem.
  • nikkijennings
    nikkijennings Posts: 130 Member
    Wow.... I had no idea!!! Thanks for the links guys too :wink:
This discussion has been closed.