Under calorie goal and gaining?!?!

Options
2»

Replies

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    I am in regular contact with my Dr and he says we're making good progress. MFP has just really showed me how far I need to go yet, I guess... any high protein ideas? (other than eggs and nuts?)

I love my greek yogurt...yoplait FF greek...50 calories each with 8g of protien, the cottage cheese is great, cheese in general.

I eat a lot of seafood and fish, along with lean chicken.

I understand you are eating more than your diary says...the breastfeeding you are doing is causing a negative showing of calories in your log so you are grossing 1200 usually but try to net that.

Even if you eat chocolate like nutella on toast with a banana.

Take a peek at my diary anytime...I eat ceral and toast for breakfast if I don't eat eggs...I add in bacon for protien.

If you like avocados those are great for the calories and fat they give you...

As well a good filling healthy meal is a taco salad using ground chicken...just put a head of lettuce, tomatoes (whatever veggies you want) layer on the meat with cheese and plain greek yogurt...and crush a couple taco shells on top of it...

And as you are a new mom try those stouffers skillet meals they are great meals that are easy and quick.

Pudding would be a good option as well...

Barring that I like snickers...good luck OP
  • Lifelink
    Lifelink Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    any high protein ideas? (other than eggs and nuts?)

My go-to foods for high protein are:
    -Chicken
    -Tuna
    -Turkey
    -Peanut Butter (if I also want a sweet fix)
  • jmv7117
    jmv7117 Posts: 891 Member
    Options
    I am in regular contact with my Dr and he says we're making good progress. MFP has just really showed me how far I need to go yet, I guess... any high protein ideas? (other than eggs and nuts?)

Foods: meats, eggs, Greek yogurt, cheese, nuts, beef jerky, quinoa, peanut butter, almond flour, quinoa flour, brown rice flour, [sorry there's a lot more just my coffee hasn't kicked in yet]

You might also want to check out protein powder (whey, casein, hemp, soy, pea) and protein bars. Fibre 1 makes a fairly descent protein bar with 7 g protein but the better ones (Pure Protein, Six Star, PowerBar) have 20 g protein or more. The protein powder can be used to make shakes, protein bars, protein cookies or as an ingredient to boost protein in baked goods and other dishes. Nutritional shakes, drinks and bars are likely a better choice for you because they provide more nutrients. Products include Ensure, Balance bar and similar. Check in the fitness section of your pharmacy.