Pregnant! Increase calories?

Options
Hello. I am 3 months pregnant so I'm try to focus on being healthy and not so much on losing weight. I was wondering if I should allow myself extra calories because of the pregnancy or maybe just adjust my weight loss goals in my preferences?

Anyone know what's best?

Replies

• aimladuke
    aimladuke Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I would talk to your doctor. They can reccommend the best calorie intake for your body/ pregnancy.
  • MargaretSans
    MargaretSans Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I did. He says he doesn't like restricting pregnant patients calories to any certain amount but to just follow the canada food guide. I like the structure of calorie counting though
  • aimladuke
    aimladuke Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    In that case (and I am def, no expert) I would figure out what your "maintenance" calories are and increase by 200- 300. I have heard that is how many "extra" calories are needed during pregnancy.
  • Iknowsaur
    Iknowsaur Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    In that case (and I am def, no expert) I would figure out what your "maintenance" calories are and increase by 200- 300. I have heard that is how many "extra" calories are needed during pregnancy.

No, that sounds about right :D
  • MargaretSans
    MargaretSans Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Thanks!
  • HavtaLose
    HavtaLose Posts: 59 Member
    Options

This. I think in your 3rd trimester you might have to increase by 500.