Easier to delineate workouts vs. living
    Better sleep tracking (but not great)
    Tracks naps (in software)

Loop:
    BTLE
    Cheaper
    Better clasp
    rechargeable battery
    better display LED vs liquid crystal (the vivofit has a display off an 80s calculator...)

We were going to get a Loop, but once the vivofit came out, that changed it. Already have a couple ANT+ HR straps, so that saved $50!
  • jessieaw01
    jessieaw01 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have the Vivofit and I love it. The other option I was considering was the Loop, but didn't really like that I had to manually cut the strap for it to fit. The Vivofit comes with 2 sizes of straps and you are able to buy additional colors if you'd like.

Beyond the aesthetics, I have found the Vivofit extremely helpful in "nudging" me to get up and move around. That little red bar at the top is some days my nemesis but it really does help with motivating you to at least do a quick walk around the office to keep yourself moving. Also, as you become more active, your daily goal is increased which I love. It's a way to challenge yourself in increments rather than having a set amount each day.

The only con I can speak to is the calculation of calories. I just posted a topic for discussion about this, and the comparison I've noticed between the Vivofit and my Polar HRM. It's off and I'm not sure which is accurate. (http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1331320-garmin-vivofit-vs-polar-ft40-calorie-calculation)
  • polediva75
    polediva75 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    does anyone know how i am going to get my new polar loop to sync with my fitness pal thx renae
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    Only things I did not like about the VivoFit was it did not give a current time/calorie burn of exercise, just fitness tracking throughout the day. And you could barely see the thing at night (no light). The new Garmin is supposed to address those issues.

Never tried d Polar.