Summer Skinny

StephieWheats
StephieWheats Posts: 88 Member
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
My husband used this term today and I just kinda tilted my head in question. Then he elaborated for me. Apparently it is a term used to describe people that only eat healthy in the Spring and Summer to be healthy and look good in those few months and then when bikini weather is gone they let loose and eat like have been starving themselves. (Which honestly wouldnt surprise me)

So it got me concerned about people that live in places like I do that are notorious for bad winters. (I think last year we got almost 2 feet of snow in 24 hours) What do they do for exercise? I mean I already have my winter planned. (Me and Tony Horton are going to have a love hate relationship) But I wanted to draw the attention and ask people esp. newbies what they have planned for the winter? My suggestion is to look into purchasing exercise videos. I have several and love them all. And this winter when There is 2 feet of snow I am going to love them even more.

Also for those of us who have tight budgets and dont want the strain on the wallet, try your local library. Mine has an entire aisle of workout dvds. I was amazed.

Replies

• edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Also a suggestion is to find workout DVD's through Netflix.

I was very surprised when I got to the Beachbody forum and on myfitnesspal to see people planning their workouts ahead of time for the coming months. We started our P90X/Insanity hybrid August 30th and September is almost out of here. So at the end of November we will be done. But like Jay Z says, On to the Next One. We won't be stopping there. We will be planning ahead.

We do need to get out of the mind-set of just dieting down for:
    Summer
    Our Wedding
    A wedding
    for vacation
    for somebody else
    This has to turn into a lifestyle change so that it will stick. So that the fat doesn't stick.
  • Panda86
    Panda86 Posts: 873
    I am going to be doing workout videos, too. I also got a treadmill for free from my friend's Mom, and a stationary bike for 10 bucks at a yard sale. Also, the Middle School where I live opens to the public for 2 hours every afternoon so people can walk the halls in the winter.... so I have my winter all planned out, too! I live in Montana, and we get some naaaaasty winters as well! Best of luck! Way to be ahead of the game!
  • Steelytop
    Steelytop Posts: 145 Member
    I'm buying a professional elliptical cross-trainer exactly like the one I use at the gym daily. I love that machine. And it loves me right back! I need one in the living room so I can just hop on and go each morning instead of waiting until afternoons. I prefer to get it done and over with first thing if I had this option. So, that's my goal. The thing is $6,000 new but I'm going to look for one that is used naturally and buy when the deal is right. In the meantime I'll keep going to the gym 5 days a week. (Think of all the gas and time I'll save if I just buy one though. I'll use it from here on out.)
  • grover0ca
    grover0ca Posts: 568 Member
    I am freaking out a bit about the winter as I like to get out and walk a few times a week..it gets really cold here (-20 to -40 Celcius) and very snowy/icy so I would be a danger to myself trying to do that. My options other than my taekwondo classes are going to be work out dvd's and weights at home..can't really do a gym or swim pass right now.

If anyone has any suggestions for work out dvds that are similar to the 30 day shred I would love hear them..I find the length 25-30 mins just perfect for my busy days.
This discussion has been closed.