Drinking water?

Options
Does drinking water help you when you hungry and can not eat yet? I try to take people advice to drink lots of water in these situations but it always seems to make me hungrier. Does this happen to anyone else?

Replies

• momofgilliam4
    Options
    Water does fill me up... but I can't drink it ice cold. I like it room temperature. Not sure if that makes a difference!

If not water, what about seltzer? Sometimes the bubbles help!

If you are hungry you need to eat.... water will fill you more if you aren't *actually* hungry.
  • montana_girl
    montana_girl Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    For me, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. When it doesn't, it usually means I need to actually eat something. If it does work, then most likely I was more thirsty than hungry. So I find drinking water is a good gauge on whether or not I should be eating or just drinking more water.
  • eimaj5575
    eimaj5575 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Yes I drink room temp water as well, but as I said I would love to eat but I can not eat right now. Im not trying to stay hungry, I just dont have to option to be around food at the moment. Thanks for your reply. Just was curious.
  • galprincess
    galprincess Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Im not entirely sure but this is what I do

wake up drink a pint of water ,
    eat breakfast with a pint of water
    eat snack with pint of water
    eat lunch with pint of water
    eat snack with pint of water
    eat dinner with pint of water
    and then drink water about an hour before bed
    I dont always drink the whole pint but if you eat and drink water it does make you eat less I rarely go over calories
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Water is water. It will never make you feel "full" because it has no nutrients that trigger satiety responses, and as a liquid it doesn't take up enough room in your stomach to trigger the mechanical satiety response (unless you drink gallons at once, and then you have more important things to worry about, like death.)

People use water mostly as a psychological trick.
  • kbkeats
    kbkeats Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I drink tea like a madwoman all day because it does fill me up and tastes delicious!
  • eddiesmith1
    eddiesmith1 Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    For me, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. When it doesn't, it usually means I need to actually eat something. If it does work, then most likely I was more thirsty than hungry. So I find drinking water is a good gauge on whether or not I should be eating or just drinking more water.

This is bang on^^^
    I'm the same (I drink a lot of water in any case but if a glass or 2 doesn't sate me then i need food of some sort
  • DSTMT
    DSTMT Posts: 417 Member
    Options

Same here
  • DSTMT
    DSTMT Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Yes I drink room temp water as well, but as I said I would love to eat but I can not eat right now. Im not trying to stay hungry, I just dont have to option to be around food at the moment. Thanks for your reply. Just was curious.

Heh? :huh: