Never give up.

Options
I've been living healthier since August. And like everybody else on the journey I have had hiccups and setbacks. Reading posts on this forum gives me peace because it helps me realize that I'm not alone in this. And if you're reading this, if you take nothing else from this, know that you're not alone on the journey either.

Fast food was my addiction. I would skip breakfast, have a Red Bull for lunch at work, and have a smorgasbord for dinner. A typical meal for me from McDonald's was McNuggets, McDoubles, and at least three large french fries. I would have meals that large from Chick-Fil-A, Carl's Jr., etc.

Since August I've eaten a lot healthier and seen my life change in ways I never thought were possible. A couple days ago I went on an eating binge.

What was interesting to me was how I felt after. I came on here to try and express the myriad of emotions I was feeling (anxiety, anger, remorse, guilt) but all I really want to say now is that if you're just beginning, or if you're really super close to your goal: never give up.

Consistency is one of the most powerful things we have in our arsenal. I messed up, and I just got back into it yesterday. Past is past. If you're having second thoughts about your new life or if you're really craving the way things were...don't give up. I needed to write this out because really I needed to hear it, and maybe some of you do too.

Replies

• DianaAmorim
    Options
    I actually needed to hear it today.

I am not thinking to give up. I actually like my healthier lifestyle. But today I am just sitting on my couch wondering if I should get up to do exercise, or to binge ahaha

Let me explain: I can proudly say that I no longer feel guilty or crappy about myself when I binge. I don't binge often, because I can control when it happens. But when I binge is to satisfy my cravings, and to "reward" myself since I am going so well. But this is wrong! Food should never be a reward, I know that. But I guess for now this is the only way I've found to control my binges. I just set up a day for them.

But today I am just thinking: Sunday is my rest day. Let me enjoy it.

But after reading your post I will just go to workout, because I will not be able to workout Thursday, so it will be my rest day. Today I will just kick my *kitten*, and leave the binge for another time.

So, thank you for your words!!