• redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    Might be time for a new pillow.
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    Unless you're topically applying protein to your hair

How does one go about applying protein to hair? Can you recommend any solutions?

You don't know??

Either cottage cheese or Greek yoghurt, just watch your hair thicken!
  • ddixon503
    ddixon503 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    The only side-effect of protein powder is your hair getting swole.

(chuckle) NICE!
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    Did you recently start working out too? Or recently add in weights, or some other change to your routine? The extra sweat from exercise could conceivably contribute. Or, if you're wearing a headband/sweatband or something during workouts that could add to it. Are you washing your hair more with added exercise? Because that can actually stimulate sebum production.

You recently added in protein powder ... did it replace something else? Maybe what you've dropped was actually a drying factor? And make sure you're still getting enough water now that you're drinking something new ... sometimes it's sneaky things like that.
  • tinakowalik
    tinakowalik Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Hello all, recently I started taking a protein supplement, and I noticed shortly after it seemed like I would have a residue left on my hair after shampooing and conditioning when it dried. Switched brands too. Seems to be getting worse as It looked greasy last night, but didn't feel greasy. It dawned on me tht the powder was new I my diet, so was wondering if thy can be a side effect of taking the supplement?

Must.... resist....urge....to..degrade...discussion about.... protein residue in hair....
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    it's not applied topically, silly!
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    Unless you're topically applying protein to your hair

How does one go about applying protein to hair? Can you recommend any solutions?
    All you need is bad aim.

tumblr_m9sawfyxY41rn3c92.gif
  • healthykaitlin
    healthykaitlin Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    There are MANY hair products that contain protein
  • tinakowalik
    Options
    I have added heavy weight training. I really started to look at my macros and try to hit them, and protein was pretty low for me. Added Greek yogurt, some fiber one bars with protein ad still wasn't there so I added the powder. My intake of water is the same, but I can increase it. I have been working out for over a year. I've never had problems with my hair, it's always been healthy....except when I bleached it...????.....and yes, it at the roots...someone mentioned that. Whatever it is, I don't like it! Sorry for complaining!
  • ThatSoundsHard
    ThatSoundsHard Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I really like where this thread went.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    Something-About-Mary-mf01.jpg
  • tinakowalik
    Options
    Seems like I hit a sour note regarding protein powders????. I don't know too much about them, that's why I asked. 2-3 weeks is how long I've been taking it.
  • Operation_Shred
    Options
    it's not applied topically, silly!

What mass gainer are you taking for your beard brah? Well done.