bad day please help ????????

Options
Hi

Today I had a bit of a depressing morning almost lost my job.

I've been eating healthy all week and today really just set me off. You know when you just have a negative feeling and you tell your self your giving up on the weight loss haha?

So I went and had a little less than half my intake for the take by going to eat some hungry jacks. Two burgers and six nuggets. Now I feel really gross and feel like my hard work for the week has really just gone out the door.

OR is having one bad day going to make me gain all my weight back on :(

Replies

• Jaxsonjess
    Jaxsonjess Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    No one day won't hurt!! Just get right back on that is what is important. You may see a little water weight from the salt, but its not a true pound of FAT! Some people even suggest to take a break have some fun food and then jump back on. I do a treat time like once a month if Ihave a specal occ coming up. The main thing is to just get back on. Do a work out tonight- eat fruits and veg the rest of the day. Hang on you will be fine!
  • chasingdreams18
    chasingdreams18 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Everyone has a bad day! Just don't give up! Continue to do great the rest of the day, just because you had a slip up doesn't mean that defines your whole day :) YOU GOT THIS
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow is a new day. I'd be more concerned with what caused you to almost lose your job.
  • becky10rp
    becky10rp Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    Hi - don't drive yourself crazy over one bad day, please!

Everyone has a bad day - don't give up.

Take a walk - do some sort of exercise tonight -

Clear your head - listen to some music that you love -

Talk to a friend on the phone -

Continue on your journey!

You can do this - we're here for you!
  • krysannboggs
    krysannboggs Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    NO ONE, I repeat NO ONE, goes through successful weightloss perfectly. We all have bad days. Don't make yourself feel so guilty. Enjoy the fact that you are smart enough to recognize when you've overdone it a bit and just move on. Dwelling on a mistake won't get you anywhere. Just acknowledge that it happened, acknowledge that I may happen again and be okay with it, and move on.

You haven't ruined anything. One day, even one week, isn't going to ruin you. This may sound a bit harsh but I think it gets the point accross :)
  • looseit406
    Options
    Thank you so much :) I mean I ate at 1230am so that's why I felt bad because it's now 3am and I'm going to bed soon. I was just worried all the hard work just would go down the gutter :)
  • 1julietax
    1julietax Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Sorry you're having a bad day!! One day or one meal is not going to set you back. It's a bunch of bad days/meals back to back that is going to derail you. Concentrate on tomorrow and trying to fix the work issue.
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    No it's not. We've all done it. Just move on.
  • looseit406
    Options
    And can I say thanks to everyone for the supportive messages ???? it really instills my faith in this app and the community. Never have I felt so supported or motivated thank you all!!
  • looseit406
    Options
    Tomorrow is a new day. I'd be more concerned with what caused you to almost lose your job.

Haha I know right. New job new industry made a couple of little mistakes
  • MayaSPapaya
    MayaSPapaya Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    Life happens to all of us and everyone has bad days with this. Don't beat yourself up about it. An important thing to remember is the idea that "one bad meal won't make you fat, and one healthy meal won't make you skinny". Plus, it's Friday, which is the day a lot of us here go easy anyway. Hop back on the wagon tomorrow! :flowerforyou:
  • Aconn14
    Aconn14 Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi.. don't get down on yourself. We all have these days and moments. But, we must keep pushing. One bad day wont hurt you; in fact it may help you. You should allow yourself to have one cheat day. Now, since you did splurge some so far, maybe cut back for dinner tonight. Hope this helps some and hope all goes well with your job!. :wink:
  • looseit406
    Options
    Thank you ????????????????
  • LVCeltGirl
    LVCeltGirl Posts: 473
    Options
    One day won't ruin you. And tomorrow is a new day to do better. Increase your water intake a little more to offset the sodium of the mistake. I had a day like that. It was such a hard day, and I ate junk food for most of the day, no exercise, etc. I logged it all and moved on from it, even losing weight that week.

You can do this! things will get better.
  • rijlee
    rijlee Posts: 13
    Options
    One bad day wont really affect your gains much. I'm sure everyone goes through these bad moments, the way I see it is-why make your day worse by eating terrible and feeling terrible, shameful and guilty afterwards? Just use that emotion at the gym, push that extra weight, run that extra mile, or if you're gonna have a little something to ease your mood, have just a little bit and distract yourself with something else, like watch a little mindless TV or something.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    you cannot get fat in a day, and you cannot get fit in a day ..

log it, own it, and move on!
  • Gramps251
    Gramps251 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Work out to relieve work stress and get healthier. Mind and body will benefit.
  • RaspberryKeytoneBoondoggle
    Options
    Its going to be OK! One day won't hurt you. He'll I'm having a bad week! I've eaten over every single day. I know my now, though, that I'll regroup next week and doubt I'll gain much:)