Do I count my job in my calorie count?

Options
I walk an average of 20000 steps at work a day but do I count these in my calories? My step counter says it burns 800 calories but do I enter these and should I eat any of these when trying to lose weight?

Thank you

Replies

• Amanda_Gx6
    Amanda_Gx6 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    When you set up your profile it asked about your job whether it was sedentary, mildly active or very active. I could be wrong but I think that the option you chose is counted into the program MFP created for you.
  • ME0172
    ME0172 Posts: 200
    Options
    When you set up your profile it asked about your job whether it was sedentary, mildly active or very active. I could be wrong but I think that the option you chose is counted into the program MFP created for you.

It is. I wouldn't count it as exercise but would change my activity level.
  • emmajaneyy
    Options
    Thank you. I think I was looking for a way to eat a little bit more. It works out at about 10 miles a day I walk. So should I still try and do a bit more exercise on top if I want to lose weight?
  • knra_grl
    knra_grl Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    Thank you. I think I was looking for a way to eat a little bit more. It works out at about 10 miles a day I walk. So should I still try and do a bit more exercise on top if I want to lose weight?

according to your profile you have very little to lose? did you set your weightloss for 2 lbs per week? If you set it at 1 or 0.5 per week you will be able to eat a bit more