NSV -what's yours?

Options
ntftnm
ntftnm Posts: 55 Member
So this morning I got dressed as usual and my husband stops me while staring at my pants...So I check to make sure nothing was spilled...and he says "You are going to need new pants really soon." (I just got these pants in December out of the box that was labeled 'too small') I asked "Why, what's wrong with them?" I was dressing for work and thought I looked nice....key word....THOUGHT...."Those pants are just too big, I mean you look fine, but you look like your pants are well, kinda big." he says.

He brightened my whole day.

Then, he calls me later to tell my how proud he is that I am even trying to lose weight and get healthier.

My feet have not even touched the ground...

Replies

• Shuuma
    Shuuma Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!!

My NSV today is that I wore my nerdshirt "10 Ways Kirk is Better Than Picard" and my boss said that he doesn't have to tilt his head as much to read the list. Oddly complimenting, but I'm running with it. LOL!
  • markja
    markja Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I got a hug from my wife and she was able to reach around me.
  • caroldavison332
    caroldavison332 Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    I look like I lost about 10 pounds off my thighs and buttocks and my pants are falling off! Carol Davison has droopy drawers!
  • SephiraRose
    SephiraRose Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    I put on my tight jeans and they were loose. Love it.
  • Eric_DeCastro
    Eric_DeCastro Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    my belt tail that used to hang about 6 inches in front of me, now goes around to my back.

I used to wear a 2xl pushing 3xl now I wear a large.
  • SharonNehring
    SharonNehring Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    My NSV today was shopping in the regular ladies section instead of the women's/plus section of the store. The clothes are soooo much cuter in sz 16 than in 22/24s. :happy:
  • samspam1023
    samspam1023 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Today I was able to pick up my 70 lb dog and carry him across the house!
  • Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    My parents gave me a bag of my college clothes they found in their closet -I am in my forties. I told them to take them to Goodwill because they were size 16 and I am now size 12!!!! I haven't been size 12 since 7 th grade!
  • wendyk673
    wendyk673 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I put on a pair of sweats to take my kids to the park. I had to keep pulling them up, as they wouldn't stay on my waist!!!
  • MountainTopMom
    MountainTopMom Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Awesome NSV's everyone!

Mine was: We had to do errands and then grocery shopping. Took kiddo to Sonic and I didn't get anything. Drank my protein drink. After shopping drove thru McD's to get kiddo her ice cream cone (she earned a coupon from school), she couldn't finish it and asked if I wanted the rest and I said No. We pulled into a convenience store and threw the rest away. It's OK to waste something I don't need on my waist! And the best part - I wasn't even hungry until dinner. :) Baby steps...
  • mimiteh35
    mimiteh35 Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    I had to work in a different office last night that I only go in maybe 3 times a year, last time was day after Christmas, my co-worker said she can tell in my face and the fit of my shirt that I've lost weight! I told her I didn't (weight) but toned some as my shirt fit better, she said if she just guessed she'd have thought I lost about 10 lbs. She isn't known as the nicest person in the office either. I had on my ID badge pic taken 2 yrs ago and she said just look at my face difference, so I did a side by side this morning and I can tell! I can't upload it because its on my phone and I'm at work again, but I was so excited to see a difference that I posted it on my FB and instagram lol.
  • jac_84
    jac_84 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    :heart: way to go everyone!!

my nsv this week is hitting 180lbs. I have not been this weight since I was 8 months pregnant with my now 12 year old.
    Yey me!! lol
  • pamb89
    pamb89 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I ordered a dress online last week. Got it in the mail today & tried it on but it was too big. I was upset because it was really cute and i really wanted to wear it BUT I'm also excited because it was too big instead of being too small like when I've ordered online in the past lol.
  • jennyharland1
    jennyharland1 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss! But Picard is just SO much better than Kirk! :tongue:
  • Shuuma
    Shuuma Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss! But Picard is just SO much better than Kirk! :tongue:

Them's fightin' words! hahaha!

:drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • Polishprinsezz
    Polishprinsezz Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    my nsv moment today was when i had to climb the long flight of stairs at my son's school today and i felt like floated up them as where climbing those sleeps winded me something fierce in the past. who knew that even dropping just 20 lbs could bring back so much energy.
  • bd0027
    bd0027 Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    I bumped into the dude who kicked me out of his house a few years back because I didn't want to get sexual with him (He didn't think I was girlfriend material because of my weight I'm guessing) and he remembered my name, hit on me, and felt the need to make sure he told me bye when I was leaving.

I was almost 50 pounds lighter than the last time he saw me, so it felt great. (: (it really felt great because I couldn't remember his name but he remembered mine).
  • CharleePear
    CharleePear Posts: 1,948 Member
    Options
    It might seem silly, and not much of one, but I will take what I can get. I have started to notice a the lines of my muscles showing a little in my arms, and had a girl who was always one of those beautiful skinny girls randomly facebook me to tell me whatever I am doing it's working.
  • raneylfrick
    raneylfrick Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I noticed today that my energy level is up... I work nights, go to school, and have two kids, so I'm usually worn down, but I woke up this morning (ish...) and started to clean and have yet to quit! Not really a visual NSV, but still.......
  • rachrach7595
    rachrach7595 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I went out yesterday and the watch I bought for myself 2 months ago was loose around my wrist. It had always been quite tight before.
    I weigh in tomorrow and I anticipate that I will be under 100kgs... that will be the first time in about 6+ years :happy:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!