Not New but Starting Over

Options
Hello all, I am not new by far. I joined MFP about a year ago but didn't stick with it and now, having rejoined, have decided that I want to get back into my size 6 jeans because being a size 20 really just SUCKS!! I suffer from Hypothyroidsm and am soooo not good at taking my medicine. Sometimes I think that my two year old is better at it that I am. Due to my lack of attention to myself I have let other areas of my life slip and now I think I am really depressed, more than ever. I have to get back in shape and start to love life again because this life I have now, is not working for me or my family (This depression is attributed to not taking my medicine or eating right.) Maybe this time with the proper motivation I can do this. I have been healthy before and loved it, so what is stopping me? Oh wait, ME!!! I have less than three months before I have to fit my big butt into an airplane seat for 9 hours and darn it, I want to be comfortable, well at least as comfortable as a coach seat can be, LOL! This is going to take a lot of hard work but I know I can do it. Has anyone on here ever started a blog to help along your journey and if you did, did it help? Any tips and advice would be greatly apprecited. I look forward to this journey and the challenges I know it will bring! :smile:

Replies

• Luckymam
    Options
    I would bet that every single person on here had 'dieted' many times before - I know I have! It's my 6th anniversary on Monday and in that time, I have lost and gained weight 3 times over!

I feel more in control this time, mainly because I don't feel like I'm 'on a diet' but looking after myself. I've taught myself that I'm not 'bad' and I haven't 'failed' if I eat more calories than I need one day, or if I gain a couple of pounds back. It just means I'm human.

I'd really recommend "I Can Make You Thin" by Paul McKenna. It's helped my minset hugely.

The past is the past. Forgive yourself for being human. Look at the bigger picture and don't focus on the negatives.

You'll do just fine!
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    Hello all, I am not new by far. I joined MFP about a year ago but didn't stick with it and now, having rejoined, have decided that I want to get back into my size 6 jeans because being a size 20 really just SUCKS!! I suffer from Hypothyroidsm and am soooo not good at taking my medicine. Sometimes I think that my two year old is better at it that I am. Due to my lack of attention to myself I have let other areas of my life slip and now I think I am really depressed, more than ever. I have to get back in shape and start to love life again because this life I have now, is not working for me or my family (This depression is attributed to not taking my medicine or eating right.) Maybe this time with the proper motivation I can do this. I have been healthy before and loved it, so what is stopping me? Oh wait, ME!!! I have less than three months before I have to fit my big butt into an airplane seat for 9 hours and darn it, I want to be comfortable, well at least as comfortable as a coach seat can be, LOL! This is going to take a lot of hard work but I know I can do it. Has anyone on here ever started a blog to help along your journey and if you did, did it help? Any tips and advice would be greatly apprecited. I look forward to this journey and the challenges I know it will bring! :smile:

I'm sorry things are so hard for you right now Honlove0073.gif. It seems sometimes when one thing falls out of place in life everything follows:ohwell:

On the bright side, picking one thing at a time, getting control back of that it brings the others back into focus and it doesn't all seem so daunting then.

Perhaps the first one to start with would be the meds. I know when I've been overwhelmed in the past by events I've let that slide and whooooooaaa... never a good thing. Once I got back on my anti-depressant life started to look far more bright again and a bit more manageable to tackle the rest.

Another day you could pick to add water in for for the day, concentrate on getting in enough water for your body. Once you get down one thing, you could add in another, this helps build back up the confidence level plus doesn't overwhelm you as much trying to do it all at once from the getgo:flowerforyou:

I know somewhere on the boards there's a group that someone started on 'Hypothyroidsm' so that might be a great support group for you so you feel you have others that you can relate with in that area!

Isn't it amazing how at times we can get in our way and keep from being where we wanna be in life....but doesn't mean we have to stay in our way! You're here now, you want changes and you have goals, I KNOW you can DO this Hon!!! I know you CAN!!

The most important person right now to focus on is YOU, if we focus first on ourselves the rest then seems to line up, our family life can be aligned better when we take good care of us first. Never ever feel selfish about putting you first!:heart:

Wishing you nothing but the Best Hon!:drinker:
  • pickledlilly
    pickledlilly Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I can identify with what you say. With weight gain your confidence slips away.

I joined so I could get my bum in a plane seat too, I didn't want the fat lass seat belt to wear either. I'm on holiday in November and I'm nearly half way to goal and I'm so glad I started early. The later you leave it the more depressed you will become.

So welcome back, the journey starts here, today, so lets get cracking. Shove all the old baggage out the door and open a brand new you.

Enjoy.
  • lurker
    lurker Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I am a mom too. I am often torn between spending the morning with the kids and dropping them of at daycare so I can go to the gym. Both choices have drawbacks, but I finally decided that I needed to choose me sometimes, otherwise I'll never be the best mom I can be and I'll end up on the Biggest Loser like Burgundy.

It's amazing what eating healthy (cutting out unnatural foods) can do for your entire body, including your psyche.

One day, one step at a time.

You'll be smiling in the mirror in no time.