Who Follows Jennifer Nicole Lee Fitness Model?

Options
Hey, just wondering who is following Jennifer Nicole Lee's Fitness Model program. Listed here:

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/fitness_model_training.htm

Unfortunately she doesn't list ABS in her sample work out week but she does show what exercises to do to work out your abs.
Question # 1 How do you work ab exercises into your work out plan?
Question # 2 What weight of dumbbells did you start out with for upperbody exercises?
Questions #3 What weight did you start out with for squats and deadlifts with dumbbells?
Question #4 Do you increase dumbbell weight each week? each month? never?
Question #5 Is using 10lb dumbbells to start out with this program considered "moderate" weight? What would be considered heavy weight with dumbbells? I wish is said what weight Jennifer was using. (what she started with and what she worked up to)

Replies

• VegasFit
    VegasFit Posts: 1,232 Member
    Options
    I used to be a fan of hers but now she's just sex, sex, sex. Lol. But looks like that program on bodybuilding.com is pre her new image. Are these questions you would ask of her program if you could?
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,670 Member
    Options
    I just follow her pictures.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • VegasFit
    Options
    I just follow her pictures.

Lol! Lately the only pictures I see of her involve a body of water and a barely there swimsuit. I remember when she used to be with BSN and was at the Olympia, etc. She was always nice in person.
  • jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    She looks like a man, with man-muscles.
  • BetesBitch
    BetesBitch Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I used to be a fan of hers but now she's just sex, sex, sex. Lol. But looks like that program on bodybuilding.com is pre her new image. Are these questions you would ask of her program if you could?
    Ya, the website says it's a fitness model work out. I just wanna look good in a bikini - i don't care about competing. Mainly just wondering what's considered heavy when all ur using is dumbbells. My current ones are 10lbers. I will be buying some 25lbs for sure too but is that still considered light when pertaining to acheiving a body that looks good in a bikini?
  • BetesBitch
    BetesBitch Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    She looks like a man, with man-muscles.

Weird,,,how could a woman have man-muscles. I guess though. LOTS of other weird stuff in this world. lol
  • VegasFit
    Options
    I'm in no way an expert but everyone's heavy is going to be different. I mean my heavy is someone else's light! Lol, Maybe Ninerbuff can answer since he's a trainer.
  • lrmall01
    lrmall01 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Mainly just wondering what's considered heavy when all ur using is dumbbells. My current ones are 10lbers. I will be buying some 25lbs for sure too but is that still considered light when pertaining to acheiving a body that looks good in a bikini?

Heavy is different to different people and it will change over time as you get stronger.

For example, if you fail at 5 reps then it is heavy - doesn't matter if that is 10lbs or 100lbs.

As long as you are focusing on progressive overload and adding weight on success then you will eventually find "heavy". Just pick a set and rep scheme you are comfortable with (5x5, 3x10, etc.) and add weight when you succeed.
  • jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    She's smokin hot, with an excellent physique. No idea how some people don't like that look, but apparently .. shrugs.

Seriously though, have to keep in mind that strength/fitness programs set up by names may not be individually appropriate. Especially for beginners. Might have better results with a simple program that establishes a basic strength level and familiarity with weights.