Gym routine advice

Options
I am 20 5'9 and 14 stone I need to lose 2-3 stone to be at a good healthy weight, my eating habits are good but I always get disheartened when I go to the gym I feel like I don't know if I am doing enough and it puts me off. Does anyone have good advice about how much cardio nd weight training I should do in gym for this weight loss but I also just want to get fitter ASAP. Thanks

Replies

• snowwhite80
    Options
    Hi, I've lost nearly 2st by using MFP and going to the gym. This is roughly what I do at the gym.

I go at least 4 times a week and I do 45-60 mins intense cardio. I usually do a 30 minute run on the treadmill, 15-20 minutes on the stepper and 10-15 mins on the cross trainer. I've also been trying to include a class or 2 in the week. This week I did a toning class, followed by body pump.

Weights wise I do chest and legs one day, then back and arms the next and do abs every time I go.

For my legs I do squats, lunges and use some machines (not sure of the names). For my chest I do chest press, flies and bar bell press and press ups.

For my back I use a couple of different machines, then for shoulders I do shoulder press and lateral raises. Triceps I do dips, extensions, pull downs with bar and ropes and dips. Biceps I do bicep curl with bar and hand weights.

For my abs I do flat plank, bridge plank, twists with medicine ball and various crunches.

If you are unsure, ask your gym instructor to do a programme for you.