Do I go for a baby or not???

Options
Hi all, I'm new to this so if i have posted in the wrong thread I apologise! I'm just looking for a bit of advice, Hubby and I have decided to try for baby number 3 and hubby wants to start trying right away but I'm not so sure due to my weight. I weigh bang on 10 stone which I think is about 140 lbs! I know my bmi is in the healthy range but it is more closer to overweight than under so I'm a bit worried it wouldn't be healthy for the baby.
My first pregnancy I weighed 9 stone and I felt good during it, but my second I weighed 12 stone and felt awful during it so I just don't want a repeat of last time. Do u think it would be better if I lost some more weight before going for it?? Thanks in advance :)

Replies

• kshadows
    kshadows Posts: 1,315 Member
    Options
    This is really a question for your OB or Midwife but I don't see why you shouldn't try for a baby. It's a concern if you're overweight or obese. Every pregnancy is different. I was 130 when I got pregnant with my 1st and felt awful all the time. 150 when I conceived my second and it was smooth and enjoyable.

Good luck!
  • Sovi_
    Sovi_ Posts: 575 Member
    Options
  • Sovi_
    Sovi_ Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    I was able to have a baby overweight
  • PennyM140
    PennyM140 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I've been trying to have a second baby for over a year now :-(
    So for that reason, my advice is to start trying sooner than later. Just make sure you stay really active during the pregnancy. I know you already have two, but you never know if it may be difficult to get pregnant this time. Good luck!! :smile:
  • mummyhill92
    mummyhill92 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    [/quote]
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    I would go for it if you feel ready in every other aspect, save your weight. Every pregnancy is different, and you don't know how long it is going to take you to conceive - you could easily be 9 stone again by the time it happens.
  • mummyhill92
    mummyhill92 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Oh no I'm sorry To hear that :frown: must be very hard for u. Sending baby dust your way :smile:. Thanku everyone for your comments! X
  • knra_grl
    knra_grl Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    Every pregnancy is different