How many Calories do I ACTUALLY burn?

Options
I've been going to the gym 3-4 times a week now for just over a month, each session i spend 1-2 hours. If i'm there for an hour ill do the stationary bike for that hour at 13-14 mph constant on here it says id loose anything within the 600 calorie range. I'm very confused on what i'm meant to believe and don't know how much i'm actually loosing. I tried other websites to find how many calories id burned and they were saying in between 400-500 but anything over 300 seems way too high in my mind there's no way i could be loosing that many calories at 13-14 mph on a stationary bike within 1 hour. (I also did a calculation website that would say roughly how many id burned at my weight/age yet, it still seemed unrealistic and high.)
I need help finding out how many calories I am actually burning during my workouts that seems realistic...

Replies

• Eric_DeCastro
    Eric_DeCastro Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    you can get a HRM to and it will calculate calories burned for you.
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    you can get a HRM to and it will calculate calories burned for you.

This is your best option, but bear in mind that it is also an estimate (albeit a better one than websites and machines).
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    I've been going to the gym 3-4 times a week now for just over a month, each session i spend 1-2 hours. If i'm there for an hour ill do the stationary bike for that hour at 13-14 mph constant on here it says id loose anything within the 600 calorie range. I'm very confused on what i'm meant to believe and don't know how much i'm actually loosing. I tried other websites to find how many calories id burned and they were saying in between 400-500 but anything over 300 seems way too high in my mind there's no way i could be loosing that many calories at 13-14 mph on a stationary bike within 1 hour. (I also did a calculation website that would say roughly how many id burned at my weight/age yet, it still seemed unrealistic and high.)
    I need help finding out how many calories I am actually burning during my workouts that seems realistic...

You keep saying it sounds too high, but what are you basing that on? What makes you think that's too high?
  • indigostream
    indigostream Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I just cant believe id be loosing that many in such a small amount of time. But if I am, thats really something in my mind to be burning so many. ^_^
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    I just cant believe id be loosing that many in such a small amount of time. But if I am, thats really something in my mind to be burning so many. ^_^

For perspective, you'll burn about 90-100 calories per mile you spend running or jogging depending on your size and age.
  • indigostream
    indigostream Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'll take your word for it thank you