HELLPPP ME with this weightloss

I have a big event coming up in 67 days exactly. I weigh 158lbs and I'm 5'8. I am flabby as heck :sad: :sad: and I need to be toned for May 20th. I used to do low impact cardio 6 days a week and it helped me loose a lot of weight but also a lot of muscle.
My goal is to be 135-145lbs by May 20th. I wanna lose weight and tone up at the same time. I think 13-20lbs is possible with strict dieting and exercise but I need help with that part. Idk what to eat. I don't have a food scale and I depend on my parents on food. :frown: :frown:
Can someone give me an example of what I can and can't eat? I need to influence my cousins to lose weight too because they refuse to wear dresses because they feel too 'fat'.

Help me with this please!! And thanks in advance.:flowerforyou:

Replies

• Iknowsaur
    Iknowsaur Posts: 777 Member
    67 days is roughly 9 weeks.
    Someone so close to your goal weight should not be losing more than one pound a week.
    I think the weight loss goal is unreasonable.

It usually takes 6-8 weeks to show results from a new exercise routine, so you could see some improvement there :D

I think losing 10 pounds would be a more reasonable goal for you, paired with lifting to tone.

As for what you "can and can't eat" it really doesn't matter. Getting enough protein will be essential to your new exercise routine, but it doesn't matter where it comes from. Weight loss comes from a deficit in calories and nothing else.
  • HerpDerp745
    HerpDerp745 Posts: 223 Member
    Eat healthy. Move more.
  • 67 days is roughly 9 weeks.
    Someone so close to your goal weight should not be losing more than one pound a week.

It usually takes 6-8 weeks to show results from a new exercise routine, so you could see some improvement there :D

I think losing 10 pounds would be a more reasonable goal for you, paired with lifting to tone.

As for what you "can and can't eat" it really doesn't matter. Getting enough protein will be essential to your new exercise routine, but it doesn't matter where it comes from. Weight loss comes from a deficit in calories and nothing else.

Aw man lol I better get to it.

And that's the problem. Idk where to get protein from :cry:
  • Shuuma
    Shuuma Posts: 465 Member
    Meat, eggs, yogurt, cottage cheese, nuts, and protein powder are all my go-to protein sources, if that helps?
  • aliciadub
    aliciadub Posts: 73 Member
    [/quote]

"And that's the problem. Idk where to get protein from"
    [/quote]

Really?

^^^What Shuuma said^^^
  • Jenjenthejetplane1
    Jenjenthejetplane1 Posts: 130 Member
    LIFT WEIGHTS!!! It will tone you right up.
  • Iknowsaur
    Iknowsaur Posts: 777 Member
    67 days is roughly 9 weeks.

Aw man lol I better get to it.

And that's the problem. Idk where to get protein from :cry:

Meat, fish, soy, milk, cheese, eggs, nuts and legumes, and beans.
    If you have trouble getting enough protein, try having a protein shake (whey protein powder mixed with milk or water, or blended with fruits and veggies as well) or a protein bar as a snack.
  • Leslie1124
    Leslie1124 Posts: 143 Member
    Lift weights. check out "strong lifts" or something similar. It will slim you and tone you. I think its the better than cardio since youre not really overweight. Adding a bit of cardio wouldnt hurt but definitely do the lifting.

as for food. key is portion control. if you have a problem with that try eating alot of vegetables - they are low in calories so you can use em to fill you up without alot of calories.

Im no expert though on either of these subjects though. just my thoughts.
  • kmglennie
    kmglennie Posts: 40
    I would really recommend spending the $10-20 and get yourself a food scale. Super important for accurate calorie counting.
  • missylectro
    missylectro Posts: 448 Member
    What's worked for me is I stoped eating bread and pasta. I've cut back on sweets as well but once in a while I'd have a treat.