protein powder drinks

Hi I am trying to lose a couple of pounds from my stomach . i look a bit like the Grinch . pot belly sort off and i have cut down on my sugar/ fructose foods and also cut out bread ,apparently to lose weight you need excercise but still eat as much as you lose calorie wise which is confuseing, so to get a jump start i was wondering if protein powder drinks the ones that costs £16 upwards useually what musle builders use as part of a calorie controlled diet, now i am always sceptical of those things but if i stayed of the sugar and ran each night would i benefit by these proteins powder drinks . thanks :wink:

Replies

• _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    I wouldn't waste your money. Extra protein could be useful if your doing intense exercise but it's not going to suddenly help with weightloss. Weighloss is a simple formula you eat less than the energy that you use. The types of food you eat don't effect that. Though they may effect other health issues. Type your numbers into mfp give yourself a reasonable weekly loss (i suggest .5 pound considering how much you need to lose) and eat exercise calories back and you'll lose weight.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    I wouldn't waste your money. Extra protein could be useful if your doing intense exercise but it's not going to suddenly help with weightloss. Weighloss is a simple formula you eat less than the energy that you use. The types of food you eat don't effect that. Though they may effect other health issues. Type your numbers into mfp give yourself a reasonable weekly loss (i suggest .5 pound considering how much you need to lose) and eat exercise calories back and you'll lose weight.

yup. this. exactly this.
  • stevee290
    stevee290 Posts: 85 Member
    Not really unless you are trying to build muscle.

I would recommend taking a scoop of vegegreens in the morning.
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member

yup. this. exactly this.

Perfect....it's really this easy!
  • sue_langley
    sue_langley Posts: 63 Member

Exactly! with so few pounds to loose, a 0.5 a week goal is good. I tried for higher when I had a small amount to loose and my weight stalled and even went up a little.
  • :smile: ok cheers Guys, thanks for input, i wont be buying that stuff, it reminds me just like milk shake powder but more expensive