Looking for some running friends

Options
I am looking for some running buddies :) I started running last spring (c25k) to lose weight and just kept running. I am my only motivator and would love to have more MFP friends to discuss running, running issues, running goals, etc etc with. I'm not the fastest runner but running has become my exercise of choice and would rather have friends who have some running goals rather than weight loss goals :)

Replies

• deb4realfloyd
    Options
    I have also dabbled in running and have found that I enjoy it. However, I'm not consistent with it at all. Last year when the weather started to warm up I was running 4 or 5 times a week and got my mile time to a personal best of 10 min. At this point I'm well over 11 min a mile and probably closer to 12 if I'm running longer than 3 miles. These times are a lot slower than most "runners" that I've talked to so its hard to relate and find comrade. Finding new runner friends is always a good way to boost my own goals.
  • pimpin_po
    pimpin_po Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Me,me,me! I love running! Especially outside. Like you I'm not fast but I do have endurance. I just started running in January but I'm at 10 miles for my longest run, I average 20-30 miles per week sometimes more. I definitely plan on mainly running as weather starts to get nicer!
  • ka97
    ka97 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    I am a runner and triathlete, though temporarily out of commission due to a recent ankle surgery.
  • NaeNaeJanae
    NaeNaeJanae Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I am also a runner and dabble in triathlons. I'm just coming back from surgery too, so I'm slow right now. I would love running "buddies"!! FR sent!!

Ha ha…I think I just sent you 3 friend requests!!! :)