Not sure how to get started

Options
I am a 26 year old mother of 3 and I work full time from home, so i sit at a desk all day, I weigh the most I have ever weighed in my like. I want to lose 50 lbs by 6/24, does anyone know if this is realistic and any healthy steps i can take to get there?

Replies

• Fitnin6280
    Fitnin6280 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    In all honesty, I would push that goal date back a little. I have lost 66 lbs now, but it took me about 8 months to do it. When I started out, I just set monthly goals, or even weekly. Sometimes when it got hard, I set daily goals. Setting small goals can make the end goal a little easier to reach and not so daunting.

As for healthy steps, eat within your calorie limit, and get at least a little exercise every day.

That's it. I know my approach may seem oversimplified, but it has worked for me so far.

Good luck!!
  • vvvalentines
    Options
    50 lbs in 3 months would take a loss of about 3.8 lbs/week--possible, but not recommended for most people. Set your goal here to 2 lbs/week, try that for a few weeks, and if you're losing less than 2 lbs/week adjust your calories down a bit manually until you are.

Just stay within your calorie goals, log every day or at least most days, and balance your macronutrients (carbs/protein/fat) to roughly what MFP recommends.
  • Rerun201
    Rerun201 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    50 lbs in 3 1/2 months? It can be done, but probably shouldn't be. Weight loss while avoiding muscle loss should be limited to about 2 lbs per week. You don't want to lose muscle. It helps burn calories.

1st step is diet. Losing 500 calories per day will result in about 1 lb of weight loss per week. Drink lots of water.

2nd step is steps-Walk. Take the kids with you; get them in the habit now.

3rd step-add bodyweight exercises, isometric exercises, yoga or any number of other things for resistance exercise. Resistance exercise is essential. You can get a good resistance workout in less than 30 minutes at home.
  • motivatedkarma
    motivatedkarma Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Thanks I think i will lower it to 25 for 6/24 and then the other 25 after appreciate everyones advise:smile: