cheat day

Options
Okay so I keep seeing that people have a cheat day. But I dont get how it works. Am I sopposed to pick a day out of the week to eat whatever I want? Or I eat whatever I want but under my calorie goal? Will having a cgeat day affect my weight loss?

Replies

• zeussmith718
    zeussmith718 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I think a cheat MEAL is in order here and there... once a month...but still watch it... not an entire day. IDK about others but I could undo an entire week or 2 of calorie watching and exercise in a single meal if I tried. I could undo the better part of a month if I have a whole day to "Cheat"
  • wozkaa
    wozkaa Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I depends on the individual I think - a bunch of trial and error.
    Very active people seem to be able to pull off a 'cheat day'. I have a single meal every week where I don't log. It's always friday night with my husband after the babies are asleep, and we have Bean Nachos with lots of mozzarella, and low fat sour cream and guacamole on top. It's sometimes home made pizza with nice salami, and a good home made base, lots of olives and other veges. Or Fish & chips.

I try not to eat back all my excercise calories during the week to help allow for it, though - but that's just me.
  • ldula88
    ldula88 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I do one day a month (usually a holiday so I can enjoy family meals and treats, etc) where I don't log at all and can eat whatever I want. It helps me stay on track the rest of the month, and any weight gain I see from it is temporary water weight gain, and goes away within two days or so.