small success (:

Options
I completed my first 5K with my friend at a local 5K on campus. She used to run in high school (i'm a horrible runner) and we actually finished together. We finished at 39 minutes and 36 seconds. I know that's kinda high, but I was proud. I kept thinking that normal running is doing a mile in 10 minutes... so we were only about 9 and a half minutes behind that. We ran and walked it. We're going to work up to doing all the 5K's on my campus (about one a month) and hopefully our time will continue to get better (:

pictureeee (:
DSCN6924.jpg

Replies

• mykaar74
    Options
    great job, here in Japan they have a 3k, and 5l atleast once a month and I'm itching to enter every last one of them everytime. keep up the good work. and remember it's not the time you do it in, its the fact that you entered & completed it. Keep up the great work
  • AndreeT
    AndreeT Posts: 191
    Options
    So inspiring! That's a huge sucess!! Congrats! I've been following the C25K training program. I've been contemplating signing up for a 5K walk/run but I've been chickening out! haha Maybe I will sign up and do the best I can! It can only get better right?

congrats again :-)

:flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!