Fatter on left side of my waist than right side...

Options
I've always thought being fatter on one side of my body than the other was a result of working out one side more than the other. But then I found out there is no such thing as "spot-burning" fat, and that we burn fat evenly. My chest and the rest of my body are "even", but I noticed medium fat rolls forming from my belly and going almost all the way to the left side of my waist (sitting down), so I have them on one side and not the other.

So, IF "spot-burning" fat isn't possible:
1. How did it this happen in the first place?
2. How can I get rid of it?

Really asking out of curiosity more than anything, thanks :)

Replies

• MyouTakaraTriesAgain
    Options
    Women are familiar with this problem. It happens to breasts, too. It just does, because bodies aren't perfectly symmetrical. You can't spot-burn, so just focus on losing fat overall and it will take care of itself.
  • 281Danielle
    281Danielle Posts: 113
    Options
    I have no idea how to get rid of it or why it happens, But I am glad I am not the only one with this problem. My left side is fatter than my right side, it has always been like this but was a lot less noticeable when I was smaller. You are not alone in this lol.
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    I've always thought being fatter on one side of my body than the other was a result of working out one side more than the other. But then I found out there is no such thing as "spot-burning" fat, and that we burn fat evenly. My chest and the rest of my body are "even", but I noticed medium fat rolls forming from my belly and going almost all the way to the left side of my waist (sitting down), so I have them on one side and not the other.

So, IF "spot-burning" fat isn't possible:
    1. How did it this happen in the first place?
    2. How can I get rid of it?

Really asking out of curiosity more than anything, thanks :)

It's normal-ish.

1. Your body has fast storage preferences that vary from person to person.
    2. Losing body fat.