How to "log" a binge???

Options
Okay...I've been faithfully logging every bite, then tonight my husband asks me to meet him at the local hangout and I have a "BUNCH" of different stuff... I am not discouraged and am okay with starting right back in tomorrow, but what do you do when you have a bad night as far as the log goes??? Do you try to log everything you eat or do you just scrap the day and start over tomorrow?? Thanks for you input, just curious what everyone else does.....

Replies

• 1pandabear
    1pandabear Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I have to confess to binges - I log everything I can remember and that way later I can look back and see patterns. And I definitely agree with your good attitude, pick up again next new day.
  • pseudomuffin
    pseudomuffin Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Log it and then move on! It's good to see the numbers so it's real and you can accept that it happened & learn from it.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    log it, own it, move on.
  • skinnycindi62
    Options
    Thanks...will log all I can remember although I am afraid to see the totals LOL....well, Scarlett, tomorrow is another day!!!
  • Ataraxia81
    Ataraxia81 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I had a difficult time logging my dinner tonight. I got a sub from a local pizza shop. I tried to dissect it best I could and log it that way. I still ended up 1200 calories under with what i did log, so I think I am in pretty good shape for the day.
  • HeyNikkita
    HeyNikkita Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I logged a buffet lunch as "buffet" and tried to guess maybe 1300 calories? I hope I overestimated!
  • AmykinsCatfood
    AmykinsCatfood Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I log as much as I can, and make a note either in the food notes or on the posting that I likely was over due to such and such a reason so I can look back and see what exactly I ate and what I should probably avoid from then on.
  • Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    log it, own it, move on.
    Print this and frame it. MFP is your food confession, lying by omission is wasting your time. Don't worry, I once had to log angel wings. Basically they have the same calories as their wt in lard!
  • grubb1019
    grubb1019 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I just log as best as I can. My husband took me out to dinner tonight, didn't know he was going to so I didn't allow extra calories for it. Thought I would be way over, but ended up only around 330 over. So sometimes it isn't as bad as you think its going to be.
  • krawhitham
    krawhitham Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    I log absolutely everything. If I go out on a whim and drink 4 beverages and chicken wings and nachos etc... I log every nibble of everything I can remember that I ate.

Usually I try to over-log these days if I cant remember 100%. It's better to overestimate and be pleasantly surprised with a weight loss than under estimate and possibly cause your weight loss to stall (for me, psychologically)
  • bheathfit
    bheathfit Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    log it, own it, move on.

One delicious bite at a time! :happy:

This journey is more about long term behaviors bringing desired results.
  • skinnycindi62
    Options
    As always...YOU GUYS ARE GREAT...thanks for the input...I logged it ( almost 1000 over) but there is hope..will kick it in tomorrow and maybe do extra time on the treadmill and try to make better choices next time...HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND ALL!!!
  • icu814me2
    icu814me2 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Hi Cindy. I have only been here around 4 weeks, but on my plan 5 weeks. So far I have logged everything. Even my 1 midget tootsie roll. :) That said, if I had a major night out with drinks, chips, pizza, more drinks, beer, nachos, more drinks...hmmm. At that point I guess I might just add a "dinner" to the "my foods" section and just estimate the entire night and name it "TGIF". I think the goal would be to not have to many "TGIF's" Great question though.
  • David_AUS
    David_AUS Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    It is likely that you will forget some items - don't get too obsessive; close enough is good enough in my opinion - you enjoyed yourself don't punish yourself now - remember (at least for me) that this use to be a common thing before you started tracking. It is sometimes good to see just how far you have come and events like this can be great to spur you motivation on - in a week or two when everything has settled back down you know that you can occasionally let loose and give yourself permission to enjoy it when you do.
  • ActuarialChef
    ActuarialChef Posts: 1,413 Member
    Options
    log it, own it, move on.
    Print this and frame it. MFP is your food confession, lying by omission is wasting your time. Don't worry, I once had to log angel wings. Basically they have the same calories as their wt in lard!

I had to google angel wings... turns out they're what I call chruściki! We make them twice a year in my family, in batches of 15-20 DOZEN. Yes, 180-240 individual "cookies", deep fried in shortening. Twice per year. They are delicious though!

And then the pastor's wife at my bf's Polish Catholic church makes them at Christmas time and gives them out by the dozen as well.

I've never been logging here when I've eaten them though. I can only imagine. But so worth it :smile:
  • RileynTaylorsMommy
    Options
    I would say log it it is amazing how many calories can bee in those little bites.... also for me the next time I want to eat something like that I think about what it will look like on my food diary... and think about all the hard work I have done then the next time I feel like sampiling some bites i'm less likely too because I remember how many calories are in those bites... I feel like we all work soooo hard to loose the weight that we are loosing and I'm less likely to eat something that might sabotage my weight loss journey.. it is fine to have ice cream, cookies, and those other foods but only in small amounts and not all at once. Keep it up u didn't gain all your weight in one day and u can't loose it all in one day or week month either
  • bonnymom
    bonnymom Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I always log to the best that I can, no matter what I eat. Everything that goes into my mouth gets logged (an estimate at the very least). :) Then I just move forward. Everyday is new.
  • krennie8
    krennie8 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    definitely log it. I think if you don't it sends a message that anytime you fall off the wagon so to speak doesn't count.
  • shortrest
    shortrest Posts: 11
    Options
    On Thanksgiving I just wrote Thanksgiving and 2000 calories. It was all too much to think about.
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    lol... quick add 800