First week, going well?

Options
Hey everyone,
First week using MFP and I wanted to make sure I got everything going well with my settings!

Height, weight, etc all entered and up-to-date.
Activity level: moderately active during the week, as I'm a cashier/barista full time (standing on my feet for 7 hours, if not walking or running around). Switching activity level to sedentary on the weekends so I don't over-eat.
Exercise goals: four times a week training for a half marathon

I add exercising on my daily calorie count, as I'm doing that above and beyond my work (which is standing and running around).

My big question is this: why is there a percentages breakdown for carbs/fat/protein? This week I've been consistent with hitting ~20% for protein, ~20% for fat, and 60% for carbs.

Jeff

Replies

• hawthornerose
    Options
    I'm in my first week too some I don't really know how things work yet. Just wanted to wish a fellow newbie luck! I hope your first week is going well.
  • kernja
    kernja Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I've lost 70lbs already buy I hit a plateau and I'd like to join a community to keep me on track and accountable. Thank you! My issue I think is that I'm too active and I'm not sure how much to eat now. I was running 5x a week and lifting 6x but I've trimmed my exercising down because it's not fun for me anymore ha.
  • hawthornerose
    Options
    Wow, 70 lbs is amazing! I'm just trying to do 30 right now, and even that seems overwhelming from this end.